fjr castoffs to new fj

firus

well its done ….my fjr was a write-off after hitting and killing a deer in early Nov.  I replaced it with a one year old fj. ( gained 9 years and 70000 less km. Anyway I salvaged my bags, trunk and my vstrom hand guards and got all mounted on the 2015 fj. Also kept the trunk mt which was easy to modify with the yamaha rack that came with the bike. A little basement paint job on the fjr accessories and I am pleased with the results. Even my yamaha tunnel bag for a snowmobile pops on, looks good and is a little more sleek than the trunk. Now just need spring here in saskatchewan to put all into service….Off to Arizona in 4 days for 3 weeks on the super tenere which is waiting down there…can't wait :D
IMG_0090.jpg

• Supporting Member
I am in the same situation as you, moving to an FJ after hitting a deer on my previous bike.  Glad to hear you are alive and well and still on 2 wheels after the accident. 
The new bike looks good, I used the same hand guards on my bike, they work much better than the massive stock units.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Can you post some pics of how you mounted the handguard a please? As a born and raised Manitoban (Portage la Prairie) now living in North Carolina, I have the pleasure of year round riding, but some days are a wee bit frosty, even here.

Archived