Ok, who is getting an FJ-09?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still have to sit on it. I have a feeling I won't be comfortable with the height. But I already have a call in to my local dealer, and I have to call back in December to see if they know when they're getting it in. If I don't like the height, I'll end up with a gray FZ-09 or a white FZ-07 next spring and mod it out.

I've survived 40 years of riding and racing without traction control,ABS, or fly by wire. Could live without it. But, I used to feel the same way about fuel injection. It sure is nice tho not to need to muck around with jets, needle height, float level...Gas all over your hands and those @#$% float bowl screws!    I'm in.   :)   

I'm in; depending on test drive. FJ's seat height is adjustable like the Super Tenere. Low position will be very slightly higher than that of FZ-09. The only luggage shown (as accessory, so not included as stock) are two different sizes of top box -- which I don't care for. I s'pose panniers will be offered next season or at some different time or order to make base price more appalling -- I mean appealing! ;)
Actually, FJ's price point is not bad at all.

Also of note: Yamaha says suspension is identical that that of FZ-09 and their estimated fuel consumption is 40.3 mpg compared to FZ's 51 -- that's a major drop. And if what many FZ riders say is true, this bike's gonna' want suspension upgrades too.

I know that dealer, and their prices are deceptive. You're looking at least 1k in fees above the "Selling price...." but it still sounds good based on the $10,490 MSRP. We rode out there a few weeks ago and were thoroughly disappointed by the service and 'hidden' fees. When I called my local dealers, they have not received what invoice on the bike is yet, and couldn't even give me an estimate on what they'll list the bikes at.

Not going to say one way or the other until I sit on one. Leaning toward yes, but never know. I don't like the FZ-09 at all, sits like a Ducati, little squirrely and cramped, hope mapping got worked out, heard the FZ-09 was somewhat unlikeable.
I want the added CCs but not so much I am going to ride an uncomfortable bike.

I know there was an ECU update on the FZ-09 to fix the fueling issue. Hopefully @Cruizin can let us know how that helped. I have heard him say that was a problem that was somewhat overblown on the Internet (who would have thought that would ever happen :) ).

I know there was an ECU update on the FZ-09 to fix the fueling issue. Hopefully @Cruizin can let us know how that helped. I have heard him say that was a problem that was somewhat overblown on the Internet (who would have thought that would ever happen :) ).

Yes, the new free ECU flash for the FZ-09 fixed the fueling issue. All new FZ-09's come with this new flash already loaded.

Also, there are ECU tuners who can adjust the fueling AND do performance adds to your engine.

I am looking to partner with one!

Archived