Astech Seats

I sent my stock seat off last Thursday to a company called Astech Seats.  For $162.00 they remove the cover, take out some of the old foam and replace it with their version of a memory gel and foam then reuse your cover.  They get decent reviews from their customers so I figured I would take a chance.  I really like the way the bike looks with the stock seat so hopefully this will be a hit.  With the money I saved compared to the Corbin I can get my heated grips (almost).  I don't mind the stock seat for the first 2 hours.  After that it becomes fairly uncomfortable.  Once I get it back and get some time on it I will post some thoughts and comments.  In the meantime if anybody has any feedback on Astech please let me know. 
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Once I get it back I can certainly post some pictures once I figure out how.  Hopefully the seat will look exactly like it did when I sent it off.  The company modifies your existing seat.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I got my seat back from Astech late today, 02/20/17.  From the time I sent it off til I got it back took 10 days.  More than a reasonable time frame.    I was asked to post some pictures but there's really no reason, it looks exactly like the stock seat.  The workmanship appears to be excellent.  All I've done so far is sit on the bike.  I can definitely feel the difference in a positive way.  Hopefully I'll get a few hours saddle time in tomorrow.  Once I do I'll post some further updates.  Stay tuned.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I got to ride yesterday, I spent 3 hours in the saddle with no discomfort at all.  The seat is still breaking into my ass but my first impressions are very positive.  I plan on being on the bike all afternoon so I'll get a better idea of just how good it is.  I wish I could compare it to a Corbin saddle which was my other choice.  I decided to go cheap and so far so good.  With shipping and credit card fees the total bill was $197.00.  What I really like about it is it looks totally stock.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I got to ride yesterday, I spent 3 hours in the saddle with no discomfort at all.  The seat is still breaking into my ass but my first impressions are very positive.  I plan on being on the bike all afternoon so I'll get a better idea of just how good it is.  I wish I could compare it to a Corbin saddle which was my other choice.  I decided to go cheap and so far so good.  With shipping and credit card fees the total bill was $197.00.  What I really like about it is it looks totally stock.
Is it softer or harder than stock? And less/additional padding in certain areas that you notice?

The seat is now firmer, there are no uneven spots at all.  I rode for 4 hours today.  I did start to get a little sore but at no time was I uncomfortable.  On the stock seat I would have been hating life after 4 hrs.  To me it was money well spent.  I feel it is still breaking in as well.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• 3 weeks later...
Just a followup on my Astech seat, I've got about 1000 miles on it so far.  Not bad considering it was Feb and March, especially this March.  I believe the seat is still breaking in but so far I'm very pleased with it.  On my last ride I was out for about 4 hours.  When I got home I realized that I didn't once think about my ass or how sore it was.  I experienced no discomfort whatsoever.  Now granted, a 4 hour ride is far from being in the saddle all day but I'll take it.  At this point I can recommend this seat.  What I like best about it is the  totally stock look.  Once the weather breaks I'll post a final thought on it.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Archived