Ran out of fuel

• Premium Member
With my Givi barn door screen, MRW spoiler, case guards, 46L top case, Kev's O2 Controller, and my 6-1 lard belly (I'm shooting to be down under 215 by June 1 as all my gear is tight!) the reserve count comes on consistently (if I don't constantly hammer it) at about 150 ~ 160 miles and I've pushed it to 180+ miles and still had maybe 3/10th of a gallon left but I run pretty hard and fast with little low-speed riding, no urban and flat out open roads on crappy premium 91 ethanol gas, with the occasional pure 91 when I happen to run across it in Cheeseheadland (it cannot be found except in a few rare booney bergs in the Land of Lincoln (what a FU state). So with my normal wrist action around 42 mpg and if I smell the roses up to 45 mpg, more without a headwind. I still hate the stupid gas gauge not budging until you break 100+ miles and then dropping to 2 bars + the reserve skinney!

I hope the ECU reflash does not bring it down much but I hate hitting the speedo-kill at about 114...

20161106_195051.jpg

So I was testing out how far i could ride my fj with out fueling up. I went exactly 180 miles and my fuel trip was just a little over 30 miles. Luicky it ran out as I was leaving the house and was able to coast down hill to the gas station. I wonder if anyone on here is going any further with out having to fuel up. Granted I have been wheeling the bike everytime im on it and occasionally rode through the canyons pretty hard.
@fjmax how many gallons did it take when you refilled it, if you remember?

I'm thinking around 4.7 I had it on the center stand

Archived