Ran out of fuel

So I was testing out how far i could ride my fj with out fueling up. I went exactly 180 miles and my fuel trip was just a little over 30 miles. Luicky it ran out as I was leaving the house and was able to coast down hill to the gas station. I wonder if anyone on here is going any further with out having to fuel up. Granted I have been wheeling the bike everytime im on it and occasionally rode through the canyons pretty hard.

• Premium Member
over 200 miles on a long run, usually get the F trip come on between 150-160 when in general use including commuting with 50% in urban area

40 miles on reserve - post on here somewhere - had a can of fuel in the topbox but stopped at a fuel station after 40 miles
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

over 200 miles on a long run, usually get the F trip come on between 150-160 when in general use including commuting with 50% in urban area 
40 miles on reserve - post on here somewhere - had a can of fuel in the topbox but stopped at a fuel station after 40 miles

Wow that's impressive. I may have 600 miles on it so it's just barely past the break in

Most of my riding is around town/commuting.. I get about 190 miles with 10-15 miles left in tank (f trip on and gauge blinking) pretty consistently... about 46-47 mpg.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
I'm getting terrible gas mileage to you guys mine says around 44 to 45 mpg
How is that "terrible" gas mileage?  I get low 40's in mixed riding, it just means you know that the usable rev range extends beyond 4,000 rpm.  ;) 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Around town. mid 40's mpg. Loaded down for a 3,000 mile trip with Yamaha side cases (full) tank bag, tail bag and 40 liter dry bag on passenger seat with my 230lb self, low to nearly mid 50's.

20161026_155010_zpsz5ezqifs.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
So I was testing out how far i could ride my fj with out fueling up. I went exactly 180 miles and my fuel trip was just a little over 30 miles. Luicky it ran out as I was leaving the house and was able to coast down hill to the gas station. I wonder if anyone on here is going any further with out having to fuel up. Granted I have been wheeling the bike everytime im on it and occasionally rode through the canyons pretty hard.

@fjmax how many gallons did it take when you refilled it, if you remember?

i was happy to break 40 mpg average. Usually just refill at 180 but with the flasher comes on I assume no more than 25 miles but I put her in B mode and baby the throttle till I refill :)

On long trips i usually bring some spare gas strapped on just in case, this isnt exactly a long haul tank. I dont know how they do it with the FZ's
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived