Old rider, new to FJ

Hello, I've had a ton of bikes from Ninja 250s to CBR1000RRs. Sold my last 1kRR AND a Ninja 300 and picked up a 2015 (new) FJ-09 in the flat gray..

Lots of research and test rides led me to this bike. My 600RRs were my favorite bikes, followed by the WR250R. I dreamt of a Super Tenere but after riding one I knew I would miss the sportier character of my sportbikes, although the touring ability is impressive. I loved the FZ-09 but really wanted more comfort especially for 2-up riding.

The FJ hit the nail on the head perfectly for me. Better comfort and range, amazing engine with great gearing compromises for street riding or all day highway. I would have loved cruise as an option but will live, The bike is a wheelie machine and is so great in so many areas. Comfortable all day adventure, sporty handling, modern technology, great features. This bike is faster than my 600RRs but far more comfortable and gets better MPG as well. This thing is just a home run to me.

Your story is very similar to the majority of us...I wish the FJ-09 came out years ago! Im also sure you notice how much lighter the bike is how much more nimble it is coming from a top heavy rocket...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
Welcome, and enjoy your FJ-09! Your background mirrors mine fairly closely. I was initially concerned that the FJ would not be quite sporting enough for my tastes, but the more I ride it, the more I like it... a rare bike that strikes the almost perfect balance of conflicting priorities.
I still have my Aprilia Mille R, but end up riding the FJ about 90% of the time.

• 4 weeks later...
Your story is very similar to the majority of us...I wish the FJ-09 came out years ago! Im also sure you notice how much lighter the bike is how much more nimble it is coming from a top heavy rocket...
Haha I'm not sure what bike you came from, the FJ feels heavy compared to my 600RRs and even 1000RRs, but I think it compromises better to feel sporty but still do distance 

Welcome, and enjoy your FJ-09! Your background mirrors mine fairly closely. I was initially concerned that the FJ would not be quite sporting enough for my tastes, but the more I ride it, the more I like it... a rare bike that strikes the almost perfect balance of conflicting priorities. I still have my Aprilia Mille R, but end up riding the FJ about 90% of the time.
Love Aprilias! Kind of want their little 50 just for fun.  
I think I need a steering stabilizer and definitely want to eliminate the speed limiter on the FJ. Didn't think that would bug me but I find myself running into it from time to time on empty country roads.

Archived