The Home of Trolls and Yoopers...Michigan

I signed up for a track day from Fox PowerSports outta Grand Rapids...

Foxpowerblog.com/shop/

Im going on June 2nd @ Grattan in the novice class...

This will be my first time ever running on a track...I have done a few motos in Motocross over the years for fun and have put many laps in at the US 131 dragstrip on my FZ-07( fastest pass was on a 25°F day running 1/8 mile only @ 7.83 sec from 2nd gear start ?)... I havent decided which bike im using yet, either the FZ-07 or the FJ-09... Currently leaning towards the FZ-07, its a 380# bundle of torque ? 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Good to hear somebody from MI post....! I have been watching. I am a troll and a yooper! Live in southeast lower and have a place in the central UP. New to the sport of road biking but have been on two wheels in the dirt for 45 yrs! (also on snowmobiles) My last dirt bike was a 2012 WR450 . My body and mind have finally said its time to hang that up so I got my fj09 last year and have enjoyed the relaxing time spent on it! Plan on taking it to the UP and doing some turning and over night rides lopping back top the cabin.... should be nice to see and ride on the bike! Good luck at track days !
  • Thumbsup 1

Thats close to Buckeye Land ?

Just kidding...I live just north of Grand Rapids...I spend alot of time riding around Grand Traverse, tunnle of trees, made a nice detour just near end of fall up to Detour Michigan on my little FZ-07...
I also got a WR250F I use for the trails, mainly Cedar Creek when it's nice and muddy ?
This year I will be doing all road trips on the FJ-09
  • Thumbsup 1

I just found out this morning the Motocross Of Nations 2018 (MXoN) will be held at none other than RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDD!!! Ya know Redbud ?, last 3yrs I have gone to Redbud during 4th of July weekend to watch the outdoor AMA MX series and the night races ?... now I get the chance to see what is basically the best of the best in motocross duel in my backyard, well a short 2.5hr drive away...

I just found out this morning the Motocross Of Nations 2018 (MXoN) will be held at none other than RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDD!!! Ya know Redbud ?, last 3yrs I have gone to Redbud during 4th of July weekend to watch the outdoor AMA MX series and the night races ?... now I get the chance to see what is basically the best of the best in motocross duel in my backyard, well a short 2.5hr drive away...
I'm dating myself here, but as a teen I watched Roger DeCoster, Brad Lackey, Chuck Sun, Jimmy Wienert, and a host of other greats race at Red Bud. -And a couple young punks in the support class named Bob Hannah and Marty Smith. 

Back when men were men and women were glad of it. ;)
Keep Asheville weird!

As a teen I watched Ricky Carmichael, Ryan Villopoto, Chad Reed, Kevin Windham, James Stewart, Nick Wey, and a few others who are still racing today 16yrs later!!! I can still recall the time James Stewart was the only one on a 2 stroke in his class just dominating the brand shiny new 4 strokes...That was the end of the 2 stroke era and the start of 4 stroke era...

I'm dating myself here, but as a teen I watched Roger DeCoster, Brad Lackey, Chuck Sun, Jimmy Wienert, and a host of other greats race at Red Bud. -And a couple young punks in the support class named Bob Hannah and Marty Smith. 

Back when men were men and women were glad of it. ;)       X2! 

It was tuff hanging up the motocross boots let me tell ya.... but MAN its been a great run. Best times of my life and still competed very well into my late forties...Saw a lot of cool parts of the sports history take place and keeped up with the change too! The old names of the past mention have me sitting here feeling like a kid again... good stuff! Will for sure be going to Red Bud for the Nations! love that track. The Fj is filling the gap perfect for this chapter of life though.

• 1 year later...
Bike is ready for its little mini vacation this week @https://m.facebook.com/Importvsdomesticshowdown/?__nodl... the bike will be entering the "bracket class"- you race yourself by trying to match the time you "dialed in" at.

• 2 years later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/13/2017 at 11:10 PM, BentAero said:

Back when men were men and women were glad of it. ;)

I was there for those early races too. Saturday night used to be insane.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Older thread, but still fun to read. Too bad we have the bitch/witch governor in currently........unless it's her family getting together we are limited to what 6 or 10 people???