Hello from Portland Oregon

prn

Hello All,

Great forum! I have learned a lot from reading many threads. Thank you all for sharing your experience, tips, and tricks. I just purchased used 2015 FJ-09 with 1500 miles on it, will be receiving it from dealer coming Tuesday after heated grip installation. I am relatively new to riding, got my endorsement last year and since then riding Suzuki S40.  FJ-09 will be my first real bike ;-)

Not sure if this is a good place to ask this question but I am not able to decide between Givi TN2122 and SW-MOTECH Crash Bars, I want something that will do a good job of protecting bike but also easy to install as I am not good with tools.

Thanks

FJ_09.jpg

• Premium Member
Welcome aboard, congrats on your new bike. I can't comment on which crash bars are more effective, but I like the Givi's better from an aesthetics perspective. Of course, that's just my opinion, others will gladly disagree. Glad to have you join us, poke around a bit, and you will find all kinds of information you never thought you needed........

Congrats on your purchase. I have the sw motech which are good but wont protect the engine cases as well as givi or higdonion. If you have your heart set on the sw motech I will sell you mine( I live in vancouver wa) when I get my higdonion next month but if I were you order the higdonion. 

Hello from Eastern Washington! Picked mine up just a tad over a week ago, loving it so far. I swing through PDX on my way to Salem to see my dad ever other month or so. 

Great! I am receiving mine tomorrow.. Very excited to ride it. Next time you are in the area and have time, let's plan a ride.

• Supporting Member
Welcome. You live in the middle of motorcycling nirvana! There is ridiculously good riding in pretty much every direction from you. Do yourself a favor and spend several days exploring Central and Eastern Oregon, I spend a good portion of my vacation days every year riding in Oregon, it never gets old to me.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Welcome. You live in the middle of motorcycling nirvana! There is ridiculously good riding in pretty much every direction from you. Do yourself a favor and spend several days exploring Central and Eastern Oregon, I spend a good portion of my vacation days every year riding in Oregon, it never gets old to me.

Thanks .. Central and Eastern Oregon trips are on my list for this season

• Supporting Member
Thanks .. Central and Eastern Oregon trips are on my list for this season
If you ever want recommendations for specific areas, just ask on here.  Areas around Bend, John Day and Baker City have great roads.  And everything from Maupin, Shaniko, Fossil, Condon, Heppner, and Enterprise is fantastic!  Just avoid the interstates!  And dont be afraid to cross the border and ride WA14 along the Columbia River for a more relaxed ride. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived