Front LED Turn Signals

• 9 months later...
  • Premium Member
I'm not sure what you are asking. There are lots of led turn signals out there. I got these at Cycle Gear for the front and rear. I think they look and work great. They match the high tech looks of the bike and it's other lighting much better than the 1988 style incandescent stockers. Very bright too.

http://www.cyclegear.com/SPEEDMETAL-LED-Angle-Light-Turn-Signals
Pistons or pedals, 2 wheels are where it's at...

I'm not sure what you are asking. There are lots of led turn signals out there. I got these at Cycle Gear for the front and rear. I think they look and work great. They match the high tech looks of the bike and it's other lighting much better than the 1988 style incandescent stockers. Very bright too. 
For anyone that has changed out the incandescent turns signals to LEDs, did you have to add / change out the turn signal controller to make the LED turn signals blink at the correct rate? If so, what did you use? I have been looking at the Cyclegear / Speed Metal LEDs, but have not pulled the trigger yet because I don't know if I have to modify anything else to make the LEDs flash correctly.

For anyone that has changed out the incandescent turns signals to LEDs, did you have to add / change out the turn signal controller to make the LED turn signals blink at the correct rate? If so, what did you use? I have been looking at the Cyclegear / Speed Metal LEDs, but have not pulled the trigger yet because I don't know if I have to modify anything else to make the LEDs flash correctly.

You'll need THIS bad boy and you're good to go. It's what I installed on mine. Plug and play, literally took 10 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased some R&G aero led's for the front, and R&G minis for the rear. Very nice. Also got the resistors in 21 ohms. Having some flashing issues with all four installed, too fast. Tried plugging in the stock rears to test, and all is well again. May have too much resistance now? Will be looking for a flasher to fix this issue.

• Premium Member
I purchased some R&G aero led's for the front, and R&G minis for the rear. Very nice. Also got the resistors in 21 ohms. Having some flashing issues with all four installed, too fast. Tried plugging in the stock rears to test, and all is well again. May have too much resistance now? Will be looking for a flasher to fix this issue.
Get this flasher relay. It's a perfect plug and play replacement for OEM. Even fits in the OEM mount. I've had mine installed for months...perfect! Adjustable flash rate too. 
TST Industries LED Flasher Relay

Flasher_Relay_Gen2_magnifier2.jpg
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• 2 months later...
Get this flasher relay. It's a perfect plug and play replacement for OEM. Even fits in the OEM mount. I've had mine installed for months...perfect! Adjustable flash rate too. 
TST Industries LED Flasher Relay

Flasher_Relay_Gen2_magnifier2.jpg
Just to confirm this relay did the trick when using LED turn signals in the front AND rear. Thanks!

Archived