Slowly I'm falling in love

natnaz13

well Hello there,
last Wednesday I picked up a beautiful 2017 (White) Fj09 from a dealer about 90 miles away and trailered it home.
i currently have a 2012 zx10 which is an awesome bike to ride. But lately I have wanted something different. A bike that is good looking ,sporty and most importantly not everyone has one. I did read a lot of reviews and watched hours of videos. But I have to say that this great website helped me the most to make my decision  with tons of info and guide lines.

i do have a Colorado trip coming on in late August and I know this Snow White will do fine. ThanksIMG_0022.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0026.jpg

Thanks,
Took he out this morning for a short ride, man it was cold.I put the windscreen to it's lowest setting and got my earplugs in. It wasn't as loud as before and i need to bring in the handle bars a little closer to me.

welcome natnaz! I too really like that white color. When I am done scratching all mine up maybe I will convert to white down the road :)

Just a pointer, moving the handlebars is a an interesting proposition on this bike as they dont give you much wiggle room. I changed all the cables and the brake lines in order to get a couple inches of freedomm. Expensive and hard work but really worth it. My stubby arms really like a more relaxed position.

Enjoy your trip to Colorado, I did about 3500 miles 2 months after buying mine. It was amazing. Nice cruising on the highway and once I dumped the luggage at the campsite it was fun in the sun.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Well there goes my option of adjusting the handle bars. I could swear i saw somewhere that i should be able to move it a few mm forward or backwards. On my ZX10 i am comfortable and it doesn't hurt my back or wrist. I guess after riding sport bikes for the past 20 yrs i'm used to the sitting position.

Well there goes my option of adjusting the handle bars. I could swear i saw somewhere that i should be able to move it a few mm forward or backwards. On my ZX10 i am comfortable and it doesn't hurt my back or wrist. I guess after riding sport bikes for the past 20 yrs i'm used to the sitting position.
Take a look at this thread on risers, it appears that some have added risers w/o changing cables & brake lines. Paladin installed some SW-Motech offset risers with not too much trouble it appears.
http://fj-09.org/thread/1095/yamaha-tracer-billet-handlebar-risers?page=3

Congrats on the new bike. I'm curious about your break-in philosophy. Are you with the drive it like a granny, break it in like you normally ride it or flog it like it deserves it school? I purchased a zero miles 2015 FJ-09 in mid January and the weather has just started improving enough for me to ride it. I'll post some information soon on my bike. I am following the manufacturers recommendation about the break-in period but there is lots of room for interpretation. I follow the "break it in like you will ride it" philosophy while not exceeding the recommended rpm limits and varying the riding to avoid constant speeds.

I was about to call you a wimp for trailering it home when I read your comment about the cold. I guess everybody isn't in the So Cal desert like me where it's already hit 100 degrees this month! Perfect for riding all year round...but in the summer when it's 120 we head straight up to the mountains. Ride safe! I really dig that white color as well. (But not as much as my red, ha.)

Archived