I did it...Black 2016 (West MI)

I went and test rode a black 2016 today and it was everything I hoped it would it be. I am trading in my 2009 Suzuki M90 which I have always loved the look of but honestly just hasn't been calling to me ride the last few years. 

I've been researching bikes and watching hours of videos since last fall when I thought I wanted an FJR. I decided the FJR would probably be too big for what I was wanting. I have mostly ridden cruisers but am ready for something a little lighter and sportier...while still sitting upright. The test ride was great and I had to really watch the speed...a little zippier than I used to lol.

She's not home yet...I didn't bring my current bike with me today but they surprised me a little and agreed to what I wanted on trade in.

• Supporting Member
I went and test rode a black 2016 today and it was everything I hoped it would it be. I am trading in my 2009 Suzuki M90 which I have always loved the look of but honestly just hasn't been calling to me ride the last few years.  
I've been researching bikes and watching hours of videos since last fall when I thought I wanted an FJR. I decided the FJR would probably be too big for what I was wanting. I have mostly ridden cruisers but am ready for something a little lighter and sportier...while still sitting upright. The test ride was great and I had to really watch the speed...a little zippier than I used to lol.

She's not home yet...I didn't bring my current bike with me today but they surprised me a little and agreed to what I wanted on trade in.
Congrats on the new ride! I was in the same situation, I thought I wanted an FJR after riding a buddy's while on a week long road trip last year, then researched and test rode the Versys 1000 and finally decided on something smaller, the FJ was a perfect fit.  The FJ is light and nimble and has PLENTY of power.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
Picked up the bike Saturday! I started to have second thoughts because I really did like styling and stance of my Suzuki M90 but it was more of a weekend cruiser to me.

The ride home was great, and also a short ride on Sunday. The more I ride this thing, the better I feel about my decision. I plan to start riding to work a lot more when the weather stabilizes. 

I am riding around in B mode as I get used to the bike and while it breaks in a bit...I'll work my way up LOL!

I am loving the riding position, the only big gripe is the wind noise but I'm reading up on what people here are doing to combat that. I've never felt the need to wear ear plugs at this point its looking like I may have to...or find some ear buds that work inside a full face helmet.

• Premium Member
If you are used to the M90, you could go the other direction and get a smaller screen, won't block the air like a touring screen but the air on you (and the style imo) is a bit cleaner.  Discussed here, I personally went with the powerbronze dark tinted shorty and am a fan of it so far.  Or if you want to kill a few hours here's a much longer thread!

Givi windshield does wonders ? but its main purpose was to be used during the cold/wet months of Michigan, then stock windshield gets put back on
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived