Anyone here have Rox risers installed?

sdwillie

I am looking at the 2" and the 1 3/4" risers and was curious if any modification has to be done to the clutch/brake line. I asked in another thread here but never got a response(thread was old). Im hoping I can get away with nothing needed with the 1 3/4" at least. 

TIA. 

2016 FJ09

I think with a little creative routing the 1.75" inchers are ok with stock cables. You may need to pay heed to the throttle cable to make sure it does pull and rev the motor at lock. You need to slack it as much as you can. I am installing 2" units and have lengthened cables on order from MotionPro +3" for both. I am also extending my brake line as well.

I have the 2.0 inch Rox Risers on my FJ09. I had to grind off the back of the top of the stock handlebar clamps for clearance. I don't think it would work with the 1.75 riser. Also had to buy extended cables, both clutch and throttle. I was able to reroute the switch wires to make them work. Also had to modify the front brake hose clamp on the lower triple tree to get a little more slack in the hose. And finally I cut 1/2 inch off each end of the handlebars and tapped the hole another 1/2 inch. Everything works great.
john

I have the 2.0 inch Rox Risers on my FJ09. I had to grind off the back of the top of the stock handlebar clamps for clearance. I don't think it would work with the 1.75 riser. Also had to buy extended cables, both clutch and throttle. I was able to reroute the switch wires to make them work. Also had to modify the front brake hose clamp on the lower triple tree to get a little more slack in the hose. And finally I cut 1/2 inch off each end of the handlebars and tapped the hole another 1/2 inch. Everything works great. john
Is it a pain in the ass to replace/extend the clutch and throttle cable? I am up for it if its not too crazy to do.  
Edit: Rox tech support wrote me back with this helpful info:
The 1.75 inch risers will not bolt up on your bike. They are too low and will interfere with your OEM handlebar clamps. Please see our fitment chart for the notes we have on the FJ09 prior to purchase. We would appreciate the purchase through our website too. The link to our fitment chart is below.

Thanks~

https://roxspeedfx.com/pages/rox-speed-fx-motorcycle-bar-riser-fitment-chart-bmw-honda-yamaha-kawasaki-suzuki-ktm-triumph

2016 FJ09

I am glad I did it, it was the finishing touch for comfort and control. Clutch cable is pretty easy to install. Throttle cables require you to remove the tank, air box and throttle bodies. I angled my risers back at about a 45 degree angle. That required grinding both top handlebar clamps. I used a bench belt sander and the job looks perfect and professional. You need all the parts in hand, tools, and basic motorcycle mechanical knowledge. To me, it was well worth it.
john

What about 1 1/8".....shouldn't be any issues right?
The bars are 1 1/8. 1 1/8 inch rise will not work nor will 1 3/4 inch rise. john

Can I bug you for a picture of the finished product? Strange that on the Rox site it was posted the 2" would work but didn't mention any modification like you had to do (I believe you, just annoying lol) 

2016 FJ09

I have the 2" anti-vib rox risers, and they fit without any modification to the risers.

I took the risers off, because I haven't purchased extended cables yet, and I didn't like how stiff the throttle got when you turn the handlebars to full lock on one side using just a 'reroute'.

I'll be buying the extended cables this year and putting them on.

• Premium Member
I put on the 2" Rox anti-vibe risers. The electronic control cables and brake cable are fine if you just remove them from the plastic retainers (fancy zip ties) that they are in. I tried re-routing the clutch cable, and it seemed fine, but the cable failed after about 300 miles (while I was on a trip to the Smokeys, 7 hours from home.) Definitely get a longer clutch cable if you go with the 2" risers. They can be had from MotionPro for less than $50. The throttle cables are fine, you just have to adjust the one. If you don't, when you turn the bar to lock in either direction, the throttle won't release when you let off of it. All it takes is a few turns on the fitting located a few inches below the throttle housing and you'll have more than enough slack.

• 3 weeks later...
For you experienced guys (jsp, desertfjr, jgalloway), how were you able to get longer throttle and clutch cables from MotionPro ? I've emailed then a couple months ago and they told me they have nothing documented for the FJ-09... That I would have to send them my current cables for them to replicate.

Do you guys have part numbers and/or references ? Since I have alligator arms, I installed 2" Rox risers (angled about 45 degres backwards) so I'd like to get 3" longer clutch / throttle cables as desertfjr did.

Someone asked to see pics of the 2" Rox installed, here they are. Mine just barely clear my top clamps by about 1/8".

IMG_7728.jpg

IMG_7730.jpg

IMG_7731.jpg

IMG_7733.jpg

Cables are custom build from Motion Pro. My clutch is +5 with no elbow at the clutch lever. I'm not sure what my throttle cable is? They should be able to look up my specs when you call in the order.
john peterson

Cables are custom build from Motion Pro. My clutch is +5 with no elbow at the clutch lever. I'm not sure what my throttle cable is? They should be able to look up my specs when you call in the order. john peterson
Thank you very much. I emailed Ileana @ Motion Pro (Stellar service by the way) and she was able to look up your previous order. Here is what she said: 
"He did order a plus 3” push-pull set and a plus 4” straight clutch cable (the elbow was omitted) for the set-up on his application."

Since we both have the 2" risers, I'd like to know what do you think about your new cable length ? Would you order the same length if you were to replace them ? I'm trying to avoid mocking-up my cables if someone else already did the job for me ;)

Archived