2017 FZ-09 vs 2017 FJ-09?

Anyone here been able to find a good comparison between the 2017 FZ-09 and the 2017 FJ-09? It looks like the FZ got TCS, ABS, and a better suspension, so I'm wondering how it compares to the FJ-09 this year (for city riding/passengers/etc). Might end up buying an FZ now and building it up for touring.

You cant upgrade the Tank, 14 vs 18 litres. Slightly different riding position and different/less options for wind shields if you want to tour on it. I loved the FZ09 when it come out and was close to buying  but wished it was made more for touring, then the FJ come out and it was all i wanted in the FZ but with better touring bits. Really depends what you want it for.  the FJ can zip around town just as good as the fz. Also the FJ is a lot better for 2 up vs the FZ. I think both bikes are awesome, just comes down to what you want it for.

Stick with the FJ-09 if your plans are to build a touring bike, after all this is why Yahama released this swiss-army bike... Far better suspension stock then the FZ, better fueling, bigger tank, far better wind protection and a wider and more accommodation rear sub frame for cargo duty and 2up...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived