Too fat to power wheelie?

• Premium Member
I don't know how to wheelie. I tried today. TCS off, A mode, second gear. Wheel came up like an inch and I immediately got scared and cut the throttle. Handlebars jerked back and forth when I touched down. 
Not for me, thanks.
I wouldn't worry about it. 
You'll find that most of us who learned to ride in the dirt. Motocross or flat track, are more comfortable with it. You pretty much have to wheelie to ride motocross in any competitive way.

I will occasionally power wheelie when no one is around, but not very much... YMMV

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
I remember doing wheelies on my bicycle when I was a kid so naturally, I continued doing them when I started riding motorcycles and I got to where I could shift through all the gears and go about as far as I wanted but once I got my drivers licence I didn't do it very much, maybe just to show off for some chicks or little kids from time to time. I haven't had the urge to do a wheelie in a long time and I just figured it was more of a kids thing like climbing trees and throwing rocks but I guess I could wrong about that. 
BLB

I don't know how to wheelie. I tried today. TCS off, A mode, second gear. Wheel came up like an inch and I immediately got scared and cut the throttle. Handlebars jerked back and forth when I touched down. 
Not for me, thanks.
That's my problem too.  When the front end comes back down, there's a wobble.  It must be how I do it because I have had this problem on the FJ-09, Kawasaki KLR, Yamaha DT, and Honda XL.  Everytime I wheelie, I get a wobble when it lands back down. 
Current Ride - 2003 Kawasaki KLR650

Archived