Too fat to power wheelie?

• Premium Member
Are you American? If yes, then you are too fat. If no, all you need is to get a pair of bollocks (for reference listen to the album "Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols").

I'm 280 and I can wheelie my FJ-09 with TCS off and in A-mode... yes, I'm a fat American.

Yes, this is meant to be effin' hilarious.

Well, I didn't turn off TCS, but it doesn't seem to raise nearly at all - other FJ owners I've talked to had the front end raise up a few inches before TCS kicked in. Maybe I should just try it with TCS off before I complain further.

And I'm slowly coming down from 260+ after doing the low carb thing. Really helps with the suspension :P

• 2 weeks later...
Unless you like to power wheelie in first (which is twitchy), recommend clutching it up in second all day long instead of power wheelie. ...and I am NOT a wheelie king.
Otherwise (in my experience) by the time front wheel is coming up in second you need to change up anyway...
A Mode, TCS off, and a heavy top box also helps!!

• Premium Member
With TCS on, I've only ever wheelied 1 time and that was on a really abrupt ramp to flat transition with heavy throttle. With TCS on otherwise, the front will get light, but the tire never leaves the ground. With TCS off, this is the easiest bike I've ever wheelied except a pre-TCS R1 with a lot of upgrades.

But it seems to me, if you're trying to wheelie, why have TCS on?

• 2 weeks later...
With TCS on the wheel should barely come up and if it does it will be a very short time. Im just north of 230 and can power wheelie in 1st in b mode and 1st and 2nd in A mode. It feel so good hitting 1st then 2nd and sometimes 3rd in A mode with front wheel in air just pulling!!!

Make sure you're all the way back in the seat, almost on the passenger seat. And lean back. If you're trying to "pull" the front end up, then your weight is over the front end not allowing it come up.

Relax.
Cover the back brake.
Lean Back.
Twist hard at about 5k in first.
Shit your pants.
Repeat.

'15 FJ09

• 2 weeks later...
I've only had my bike about a week, but I find it hard not to wheelie in 1st even with TCS 1, STD mode, and leaning forward.  Also likes to wheelie in 2nd.  I don't even want to try TCS off, A mode :)

This little motor will pull the front wheel an inch or two it off the ground it seems like going into 2-5th gears @ 9k rpms with the occasional TCS light flicker on the dash... anything above 5k rpms is the goldilocks zone
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I don't know how to wheelie. I tried today. TCS off, A mode, second gear. Wheel came up like an inch and I immediately got scared and cut the throttle. Handlebars jerked back and forth when I touched down.

Not for me, thanks.

Archived