MotoAmerica Discussion. Will contain spoilers.

koth442

Is anybody following MotoAmerica? All the races are published on Bein Sport's YouTube channel which makes them easy to watch. Most recent races from Utah Motorsports Campus,
and
. There are two separateraces for each class, one on Saturday, one on Sunday. The links are for Saturday's race 1's.  

I've been rooting for JD Beach, because my old friend/sponsor/mentor is his crew chief and Cam Beaubier because he's a local kid (before I moved) although I've never met him. 

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
I've been trying to watch as much as I can. However I don't always have access to bEIN Sports. I am so pleased that bEIN Sports is carrying MotoAmerica, WSBK, and MotoGP this year! ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

I've been following them. Not as good as the days of Duhamel and the Bostrom brothers but there's some good racing going on. Good to see they have the international community interested in this series (go Elias! :)

I hope Cam can move to MotoGP. We need someone there.

True story. I'd really like to see another factory team involved. Even one more factory team in both classes would make the racing that much better.

I know Cam did a WSBK race last year to fill in. I have my hopes he will end up at that 'next' level.

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
I'm definitely following the MotoAmerica season, and have a huge amount of respect for what Wayne Rainey is doing trying to establish a national pro road racing series in the void left by AMA Pro Racing's departure from road racing.   Having sanctioning by both FIM and AMA is great, but it still seems to me like it's struggling to find it's place and/or audience.   The racing has generally been very good, and the cross-over events where it runs with WSBK is a huge opportunity for good exposure.   I guess my mind is still stuck in the late-90's, with huge grids of world-class talent, great racing, and every major manufacturer represented. 

With Bein Sports, my preference to watch is, in order:  WSBK, MotoGP, MotoAmerica. 

Now that you made me think about it, WSBK feels very similar to MotoAmerica to me. Difference mainly in audience. Road racing here certainly does not bring the crowds it does in other countries. I went to MotoGP at Indy (the first two) and visited last year the GP of Cataluña. What a difference. Awesome experience.

I still can't believe my blessings. My wife said let's go to Spain. I said "as long as we go June 5th and we visit the GP". She is a Rossi fan and loved the idea. And he won the race! Very cool indeed.

The first 7 laps of the Supersport race were quite epic. It would be really great if Debise could stay on 2 wheels though. Would make that class more interesting.

'15 FJ09

• 4 weeks later...
This event will be most interesting for me. Its at Sonoma Raceway, what used to be the closest race track to me. Also its a joint event with my old racing club, AFM. I did my very first AfM race at Sonoma in 2012. I kind of expected more of the AFM guys to grid up with the MotoAmerica guys. There's only a couple though. Joey Pascralla, the current AFM #1 plate holder and former Daytona 200 winner isn't gridding up either. One of our forum members, Joe (I don't remember his user name) is a photographer out there.

I've also heard there is an Australia team that made the venture for this round.

'15 FJ09

• 1 year later...
We went to Road Atlanta for the start of this year's season from KC.

Almost went to Barber, but couldn't swing it this year.

Cam is the new National Champion even though he had a pretty bad wreck at Barber. I heard from people who witnessed it his bike was absolutely destroyed.

Archived