Norwest Rebuilt Shock

madeuce216

did you use the search feature? There have been several threads/references to it.

I have. All except one is a post expressing interest but no follow up as to the impression after installation. I was hoping for a little more feedback. Just trying to make up my mind whether to go budget or not. For what i want to do, i am inclined to spend a little more. I'm still pretty open as to direction at this point.

• 3 months later...
I decided to give the rebuild option a shot. The shock arrived on Wednesday, I had it installed Thursday night. Many thanks to ULWEZ for posting the procedure. If mechanically uninclined me can do it ANYONE can. So this morning, I took her out for a test ride. I did not set sag or anything I just took off. Well...WHAT. A. DIFFERENCE. To say I'm pleased is an understatement. The bike handled better and bumps were no longer the jarring experience to my spinal column that it once was. It probably doesn't make sense but to me the bike just felt more comfortable to ride overall as well as more composed in turns. There was no floating feeling when cornering etc.   I'm very pleased with the upgrade.  If you're on the fence, do yourself and favor and contact Terry at Norwest.

[url=]http://norwestsuspension.com/[/url]

• Supporting Member
I decided to give the rebuild option a shot. The shock arrived on Wednesday, I had it installed Thursday night. Many thanks to ULWEZ for posting the procedure. If mechanically uninclined me can do it ANYONE can. So this morning, I took her out for a test ride. I did not set sag or anything I just took off. Well...WHAT. A. DIFFERENCE. To say I'm pleased is an understatement. The bike handled better and bumps were no longer the jarring experience to my spinal column that it once was. It probably doesn't make sense but to me the bike just felt more comfortable to ride overall as well as more composed in turns. There was no floating feeling when cornering etc.   I'm very pleased with the upgrade.  If you're on the fence, do yourself and favor and contact Terry at Norwest. 

[url=]http://norwestsuspension.com/[/url]
... and now your forks are next?  @pattonme has a very fairly priced cartridge upgrade available. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
Yes, I will have to wait abot a month for that.  You can really tell a difference in the front end Vs. the rear.
And I can assure you that the fork upgrade is well worth the money and will make the front work at least as well as the rebuilt shock. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived