FJ-09 foot pegs

dundee

Looking to get the Yamaha "adventure" foot pegs 1RC-274M0-00-00 for my FJ-09. Appears they only are available in Europe and not in the US. Anyone have them and can comment how they work and best place to purchase them / price.

• Supporting Member
Could just order up the Super Tenere footrests and rubber pads locally for $70?
I could be completely mistaken, but aren't the Tenere foot peg mounts a few mm too wide?  Nothing a file or Dremel couldn't fix I suppose.  I too am interested in this style of foot peg and want to make sure they fit before ordering.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Looking to get the Yamaha "adventure" foot pegs 1RC-274M0-00-00 for my FJ-09. Appears they only are available in Europe and not in the US. Anyone have them and can comment how they work and best place to purchase them / price.
I have them installed. I like them a lot! reduces vibration in the pegs and increases grip when mounting or standing on the pegs. I did have to raise the shift and brake pedals/levers to accommodate for the added width of the foot rests. Unfortunately like @XCSP pointed out, they are $90 shipped from yamabits which sucks because when I bought them a year ago I paid $65 shipped to the US.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
I have them installed. I like them a lot! reduces vibration in the pegs and increases grip when mounting or standing on the pegs. I did have to raise the shift and brake pedals/levers to accommodate for the added width of the foot rests.
I know the pedals will have to be adjusted higher, but since the pegs are wider front to rear did you have any issues getting your foot under the shift lever?  I wear size 12 boots. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have them installed. I like them a lot! reduces vibration in the pegs and increases grip when mounting or standing on the pegs. I did have to raise the shift and brake pedals/levers to accommodate for the added width of the foot rests.
I know the pedals will have to be adjusted higher, but since the pegs are wider front to rear did you have any issues getting your foot under the shift lever?  I wear size 12 boots.
I wear a 10.5 boot... no issues with the shifter once I raised it. The also raise your leg slightly (but noticeably) so your knee sits a little higher against the tank.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Could just order up the Super Tenere footrests and rubber pads locally for $70?
I could be completely mistaken, but aren't the Tenere foot peg mounts a few mm too wide?  Nothing a file or Dremel couldn't fix I suppose.  I too am interested in this style of foot peg and want to make sure they fit before ordering.

In the Footpegs thread (on page 4) it was mentioned they are about 5mm too wide? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived