Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT

oldfart

Hi, Has anybody used the Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT tires? (Specifically GT).  It seems they are designed for heavier bikes than the FJ-09 but they get rave reviews and I'm really looking for a longer-mileage tire.  Is there a down side to these tires on a lighter bike like ours? Thanks!

The Pilot Road 4 and the Pilot Road 4 GT are very similar in all respects but the GT is a 4 ply and the PR 4 is a 3 ply. So the 4 ply GT will have a little stiffer/ harsher ride and probably get some extra mileage. If you go with the GT's, you might try the standard PR 4 on the front for a smoother ride and feel. If you like to corner, try the Pilot Power 3 up front. We've tried these combos on several bikes with great results.
john

I have had my PR4Gt's for about 8000km and Im just starting to see some flatting of my rear, Im still going to use it for at least 3-5k more. I'm not a knee down guy so the tires have worked just fine for me.

• Premium Member
This doesn't directly answer the question but I got 8500 miles out of my first non-GT PR4 rear. That included about 1500 miles of high speed running in Nevada which kills tires.

The GT is a little more expensive, ~$50 maybe? That should be taken into consideration when comparing wear life.

Archived