Throttle body vacuum figures

dbeau

For those of you out there that used a proper tool to sync your throttle bodies, what were the values you were seeing in terms of mm/Hg.

I know the value of vacuum pull for balancing the throttle bodies isn't really important but I'm just trying to compare the accuracy of the tool I'm using. 

Thanks

The actual value makes no difference. If your sync tool is in question, after syncing switch the vacuum lines around on the meter to see if they are still equal.

As I said in my first post, I understand the actual values don't t matter when syncing. Is it a problem to just be curious as to what the actual values are?

New bike? About 19-20hg. I question the value of doing a sync on a cable controlled TB. Back in the day when carb sync was regularly perform because of air cooled engines and mechanical wear of the connecting rods to the carburetors, on the multi cylinder bikes. But when you got them right. Hell yea! 8-)

Oh and inefficient F/A mixture. The feeling of a "rough idle" maybe it's just that a feeling? In that is a result of the precise metering map of today's monitoring/metering, adjustments that are ECU regulated thousand's of times a second. Not to say it isn't fun for anyone to work on their own bike and try things out.

Then it makes me wonder when the dealership service mngr. stated the valves adjustment probably don't need to be touched till 50K miles.

Ogryder- technically, the FJ09 isn't "cable controlled", just so you are aware. The ecm controls a stepper motor connected to the throttle plates mounted on the TB assy. When sync is adjusted on these YCCT models, you are really adjusting the amount of AIR flowing bypassing the throttle plates. Actually that's the case on most modern FI bikes

Valves are scheduled to be checked at 26,600 miles. Anytime after 20k+ interval is probably about right on these engines.

Dbeau- I don't have the actual figures in front of me, but am doing my sync Monday after my valve adjust and will let you know. OGryder's value is close.

-Skip

Appreciate it guys. Yeah mainly just curious because I got this el cheapo carb sync guages off Amazon and wondered if they're even relatively close.

They were reading approx 25cm/hg so it sounds like they are in the ballpark.

I think I'll find a different tool for future syncs because el cheapo is hard to read on a fine scale.

Appreciate it guys. Yeah mainly just curious because I got this el cheapo carb sync guages off Amazon and wondered if they're even relatively close.  
They were reading approx 25cm/hg so it sounds like they are in the ballpark.

I think I'll find a different tool for future syncs because el cheapo is hard to read on a fine scale.
cm or mm /hg?

'15 FJ09

• 3 weeks later...
Ogryder- technically, the FJ09 isn't "cable controlled", just so you are aware. The ecm controls a stepper motor connected to the throttle plates mounted on the TB assy. When sync is adjusted on these YCCT models, you are really adjusting the amount of AIR flowing bypassing the throttle plates. Actually that's the case on most modern FI bikes 
Valves are scheduled to be checked at 26,600 miles. Anytime after 20k+ interval is probably about right on these engines.

Dbeau- I don't have the actual figures in front of me, but am doing my sync Monday after my valve adjust and will let you know. OGryder's value is close.

-Skip

Dbeau- just completed the sync today, my bike pulls between 21-22 cm at 4.5k feet elevation. Valves known to be all in spec.

YMMV,

Skip

Archived