Gonna be a wet weekend...

• Supporting Member
@norcal616 - The combination of average rain amounts (30+ inches) and area covered (basically all of southeast Texas) makes the devastation severe and widespread. We have a lake house in east Texas, north of Beaumont, that is apparently totally underwater, and that's hundreds of miles from Harvey's initial landfall near Corpus Christi. And with the rivers and bayous still rising, this thing is far from over... and we're a full five days into this mess.

But my family is safe, and I have a house to return to, so I am truly one of the lucky ones. Blessed.

I hope everyone makes it out okay and it will be years before a sense of normalcy returns... Its a staggering amount of water displaced...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
We're home, and the house is safe and dry... barely dry, but barely counts. I've mostly finished unstacking the 3,000 square foot Jenga game that we created immediately before evacuating, and it's starting to feel normal again. I'm incredibly lucky, as countless others have a very long road ahead of them.

So now, I'm venturing out for a short ride on the FJ. One of my favorite local routes heads down near the Brazos River, so I'll see how far I can go...

• Supporting Member
It was a short ride, but I saw enough to know that the recovery is going to be long and difficult. Every intersection off the main highway was blocked by a combination of local police, state police, and the National Guard. I didn't want to be in the way of important things actively underway, so I decided it was best to just turn around and come home.

Here's an interesting picture of what happens when a submerged vehicle is 'discovered' by a rescue boat: prop marks on the roof of the minivan

f5f80a9a550bc8f271ebf9751ae7d4d3.jpg

Archived