Gonna be a wet weekend...

• Supporting Member
Hurricane Harvey is moving in, and it's looking like a wild few days along the Texas Gulf Coast. I'm just southwest of Houston, where the rain forecasts are in the 25 inch range.

It looks like the FJ is staying in the garage for the foreseeable future...

ad5c4822966208b580272ee871b17c5b.jpg
5609e8425ad9679898334670a4d4a909.jpg
59ffabed4bc8d2c7f93c42c387b82e7d.jpg

• Premium Member
Time to attach your bike to a raft, with the rear wheel running the paddle wheel.

Awesome surf dude........

Seriously man, be safe!

• Supporting Member
I know this is serious weather stuff you got in store... but you can instead spend the weekend in the garage playing with tools and inventing expensive projects, while listening to Clutch.  :)

I have at least three days trapped at home, internet access, and a credit balance with PayPal. This could get ugly...
My wife is giving me The Look, since I'm already elbows deep in my latest expensive project: 700cc Raptor motor swap into a 500 Interceptor frame. CBR954 forks, R1 tail section, whatever other crazy stuff we can come up with. It should be quite the hooligan bike when it's done.

• Supporting Member
I have at least three days trapped at home, internet access, and a credit balance with PayPal. This could get ugly...
I know the feeling... after totaling my FZ1 a year ago, I sold off the aftermarket goodies and had a Paypal balance of almost $2,000.  My FJ got a new Penske shock from Traxxion Dynamics and an MCCruise free and clear! 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
@piotrek and @betoney - I can 100% relate. I was called for jury duty a few months back, and managed to order $500 in bike parts while waiting in the jury assembly area. The county paid me six bucks for my service, so it was really only net $494... win!

• Supporting Member
Hey gang - Thanks for all the concern. The experience here through the storm has been indescribable... the magnitude of flooding and damage is impossible to comprehend. My family and I are safe, and it looks like our house is going to make it - barely - without taking on water. We finally had to evacuate on Monday night, as the creek behind our house was rising far too quickly to risk staying. If all goes according to plan, we're going back home tomorrow. Meanwhile my wife and I, along with our 100 pound golden retriever, are safe and dry at a local extended stay hotel.

Part of the storm prep included moving the FJ and Aprilia to a neighbor's higher garage, putting the 636 on paddock stands and cinder blocks, and stacking the YSR/XL on top of my workbench... priorities, after all.

Your thoughts, prayers, and support are appreciated! We're a resilient bunch here along the Texas Gulf Coast, and will recover from this and move forward.

-Scott

the local news here in Michigan were saying a few days ago the amount of water Harvey dumped before it came swirled back over land and it all went to Lake Michigan it would raise the lake water lvl by about 2.5FT
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived