Any Canadians receive your free soft bags yet?

Well, the review and pics of mounts will have to wait. As I feared from the beginning the mounts do not come with the free bags. Nothing like getting a gift you can't use without buying something else
Are you serious? Well that's extremely frustrating. I can't believe they would do that! The mounts aren't cheap either. At least now I know not to take my bike to pick them up when they arrive. Epic fail.  
The least they could have done was be up front about that so we could have actually ordered the mounts so we'd have them when the bags arrived. I've already been waiting almost 2 months for the bags.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rep said to call Yamaha Canada Monday and ask if there has been a mistake or if that's just how it is. :(
My bags haven't arrived, but my dealer is putting a call into the rep to clarify if they do or don't come with them. If I have to buy them, they will give me a discount, but still annoying. More than anything, I just don't want to get the bags and still have to wait longer. It's already been two months, so if they were clear about it not coming with mounts, I could have them already. (By the way, MSRP is $150) 

Aparently there was a similar Kawasaki program last year, and all their customers were upset when they didn't come with mounts. That's why my dealer didn't look surprised when I was concerned they may not be included. 

Rep said to call Yamaha Canada Monday and ask if there has been a mistake or if that's just how it is. :(
My bags haven't arrived, but my dealer is putting a call into the rep to clarify if they do or don't come with them. If I have to buy them, they will give me a discount, but still annoying. More than anything, I just don't want to get the bags and still have to wait longer. It's already been two months, so if they were clear about it not coming with mounts, I could have them already. (By the way, MSRP is $150)
All I really want is the mounts (stays) to use with my RKA bags. If all I get are the bags, I'll sell them for short $$ to go towards having a pair of aluminum L-brackets made (about $60) that attach next to the pillion seat.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Guest redneck
My dealer, Wheelsport is Orleans, read me the contract form Yamaha Canada that said all mounting hardware was included. That being said the bags came in last Friday but still no mounting brackets

So they assured you you would be getting them? I'll be checking in with Yamaha customer service tomorrow myself. Will update then. I think my dealer should be making the call but if I waited for that....
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

My dealer, Wheelsport is Orleans, read me the contract form Yamaha Canada that said all mounting hardware was included. That being said the bags came in last Friday but still no mounting brackets
What contract are you referring to? My dealer had to be educated (by me) that the promo even exists. They don't seem to have any idea what Yamaha Canada is doing. If there's something I can point them to, that would help. 

Just spoke to Yamaha Canada rep. They assured me it was to come with hardware and mounting brackets. I was told to contact my dealer again and instruct them to get with their inside sales rep.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Mounts are apparently backordered. Was told they will ship in "about a week or so".
Whew. Like I mentioned earlier, my dealer said they doubted it would come with hardware since a recent Kawasaki promo had them apologizing and trying to make customers happy when their free bags didn't come with mounts. I can deal with a back order far easier than dealing with buying them.  
Yami 1
Kawi 0

:)

Guest redneck
there was a terms and conditions binder about Yamaha promos and the sales manager did confirm that all mounting hardware was to be included.

Shoot, I just ordered some up from a BC Dealer and heading up on Saturday to get them. Not available in the USA and I need soon. With the exchange rate, they where a great deal and it gives me an excuse to visit our brothers to the North.

Archived