• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Service Manual from "TechSpark Studio"

moto15

• 2 weeks later...
Is it factory authorized?
Untitled.jpg

Here is a screen shot. If you message them for a early copy of it. You get a drop box link and a serial #. The computer warns you it could be a malicious file but I downloaded on my work computer and it was fine and after a thorough scan at my home computer it worked nicely there as well. I recommend it.
  • Thumbsup 1

• 3 years later...
  • Supporting Member

I have this manual; but since it uses Adobe Flash...it may not work for long.  Took a snapshot of the VM for the time being until I can either convert it to some other format, or buy a paper manual.

Sigh; back to paper.  Paper's batteries don't die, it doesn't track my actions, send me endless alerts or get hacked, doesn't expire or become outdated.  I can still read it in the sunlight, and scan a page to enlarge it if I need to...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, knyte said:

Paper's batteries don't die, it doesn't track my actions, send me endless alerts or get hacked, doesn't expire or become outdated.  I can still read it in the sunlight, and scan a page to enlarge it if I need to...

Cherish the option of buying a hard copy service manual. I bought a Honda car in 2019 and was surprised to see that my only option was a subscription-based online service. The manual is comprehensive and there is a lot of information on there, but it contains links and pop-ups, making it difficult to print an organize hard copies. There is a limit on number of pages you can print too.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member

I'm a bit reluctant to own anything after ~2012 for just that reason (well the complexities, too.  A lot of tech where tech isn't necessary) - all the repair stuff is online-only.  I've been doing just fine with MOD and owning older vehicles.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

36 minutes ago, piotrek said:

Cherish the option of buying a hard copy service manual. I bought a Honda car in 2019 and was surprised to see that my only option was a subscription-based online service. The manual is comprehensive and there is a lot of information on there, but it contains links and pop-ups, making it difficult to print an organize hard copies. There is a limit on number of pages you can print too.

Hah I got a PDF of the Tracer 2018-2020 900 GT service manual and printed it. 

It's 680ish pages.  That's a non-trivial load for any printer, and it's *meaty*.  In the US, you can buy a manual cheaper than I printed it from Yamapubs, but they won't sell to Canadians because reasons.  

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I did the same thing with my PDF manual, and put it all into a 3-ring binder. While the PDF is great for a read in advance of the project, the trusty old binder is always in the garage. I gave the tablet a go a few times,... didn't like it.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

13 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Is yours also made up of scanned pictures of the pages? You can see the pixels and there are no links to go from the index straight to the page. It was made searchable using OCR but it's really not what I'm looking for in a digital manual. I might as well print it.

I'm just doing my first job with it and I'm having a hard time navigating the weird structure. It looks to me like parts of books of previous models thrown together with new parts. I would sure be interested in a better manual but something using flash is nothing I want to invest in.

image.thumb.png.c9faf04191e40bc7e85dc0b77d617679.png

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I just got the PDF version too, and yeah, it's lacking in similar ways, even though we have different versions.

image.png

20 hours ago, piotrek said:

I did the same thing with my PDF manual, and put it all into a 3-ring binder. While the PDF is great for a read in advance of the project, the trusty old binder is always in the garage. I gave the tablet a go a few times,... didn't like it.

Yeah, I tried this too.  Tablet and I've got a PC in my shop.  In both cases, I found it to be really impractical vs. just having the book on hand.  

I have a very large color printed poster of the wiring map on my garage door, too, and love it :)

The binder is much better, particularly knowing I can reprint parts if/when I need to.  I'll straight up pop out relevant sections if I need particular pages at hand during a project, and if they get all oily/gooky I just print new pages.  And I laminated a couple important reference pages (specs, torque values, etc) so they're always at hand too.  

But... Oof.  That's a *lot* of printing.  Most home printers really require you take breaks or they'll overheat!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

really impractical vs. just having the book on hand

Books / paper don't care if you accidently fat finger an image, click the wrong thing or obscure your view with an advert, and if your hands are a bit greasy you won't care either because it didn't cost a grand.