Hello from Nova Scotia - Side Bags?

brokenhat

Just bought a 2017 white FJ-09 and have an overnight trip planned very soon so need to figure out the side bags. The OEM ones look nice but are way too much money. I personally don't like the look of the Shad ones, at least what I have seen, too round.  :( Finally I'm not convinced the rectangle case bags go with the modern look of the bike, so in other words I've never had a hard time choosing side bags before, but now I do.  :) Any help and photos would be suggested and I would prefer quick release I think. Thanks in advance from a very excited new owner!

Shad 36 are cheap, waterproof, take a full face helmet and remove very easily. Plus you don't ride with them all the time and they're behind you, so you can ignore any low-level dislike you may have. The mounts are very discrete too, which is the thing you'll see most often.

I like the shape actually.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
Just bought a 2017 white FJ-09 and have an overnight trip planned very soon so need to figure out the side bags. The OEM ones look nice but are way too much money. I personally don't like the look of the Shad ones, at least what I have seen, too round.  :( Finally I'm not convinced the rectangle case bags go with the modern look of the bike, so in other words I've never had a hard time choosing side bags before, but now I do.  :) Any help and photos would be suggested and I would prefer quick release I think. Thanks in advance from a very excited new owner!
Here's a link to my set up down toward the bottom of the page. I like the soft bags and the Ventura Mistral 1 top pack. 92 liters combined with the SW Motech Blaze saddle bags. All very light, and quick release. https://fj-09.org/user/623/recent?page=4

• 4 weeks later...

Archived