Wild West Ride 2017 - Day 1 Video

Gregorius T

• Premium Member
Hey, that's a fun watch - thanks for sharing! I like the short clips coupled with brief titles - helps me stay engaged.

Fave part was when you passed the cop and then did a quick speed check.
Classic.

Looking forward to Day 2...

• Supporting Member
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What is this staying in a hotel thing?!? :P
I realize a lot of riders only camp while on road trips.  To each his own. I went on this road trip with Greg, each day was riding from 7:30-6:30, a few times in torrential downpours. 
After a steaming hot shower and then a steak dinner and ice cold beers, not once did the thought of camping on the cold hard ground cross my mind. - I promise!  Most of the trip was at higher elevation and the mornings were COLD, shivering all night after putting in continuous long days would kill all of the fun we had on the trip. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Dammit, that was supposed to be smiley face! My bad. And I hear you. I've had some trips with rain and snow, and if there had been a hotel nearby, I would've been in the hot tub. End of August I did a 3-day 1300 mile trip, only 200 miles of interstate. Camped one night in St. George Utah, and just about cooked.

I realize a lot of riders only camp while on road trips.  To each his own. I went on this road trip with Greg, each day was riding from 7:30-6:30, a few times in torrential downpours. 
After a steaming hot shower and then a steak dinner and ice cold beers, not once did the thought of camping on the cold hard ground cross my mind. - I promise!  Most of the trip was at higher elevation and the mornings were COLD, shivering all night after putting in continuous long days would kill all of the fun we had on the trip. 

There ya go!  Never quite grasped the attraction of camping.  I'm all about hot showers, good mattresses and heat/AC as needed! 
Looking at it another way, why spend ~$500 on a nice comfy seat and then spend the night sleeping on rocks?   :D

Looking at it another way, why spend ~$500 on a nice comfy seat and then spend the night sleeping on rocks?   :D
Ha ha!   Well said, phpaul - I do have to agree, you curmudgeonly old bugger, but whatever rocks yer boat, as they say!   Personally, I really enjoy spending the night under the stars, so long as they are the four or five stars of a Sheraton, Hilton, Shangri-La, or similar! :D

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Ha ha!   Well said, phpaul - I do have to agree, you curmudgeonly old bugger, but whatever rocks yer boat, as they say!   Personally, I really enjoy spending the night under the stars, so long as they are the four or five stars of a Sheraton, Hilton, Shangri-La, or similar! :D
Ima steal that line if you don't mind, I've got a brother that will laugh himself silly over that. 
We grew up on a farm couple of miles from a crossroads with 4 bars and a church, 10 miles from a town big enough to have a grocery store.  When he joined the Air Force, he discovered cities.  When he got out of the Air Force, he swore he'd never live more than 5 minutes from a 7-11 again.  Damned if he hasn't made good on that oath and it's been 50+ years.

Ima steal that line if you don't mind, I've got a brother that will laugh himself silly over that. 
We grew up on a farm couple of miles from a crossroads with 4 bars and a church, 10 miles from a town big enough to have a grocery store.  When he joined the Air Force, he discovered cities.  When he got out of the Air Force, he swore he'd never live more than 5 minutes from a 7-11 again.  Damned if he hasn't made good on that oath and it's been 50+ years.
Be my guest, but just remember it’s © Wordsmith, ph!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Looks like fun.
Camping is for the dogs!  Ha, ha. 
As others have stated, there are various reasons why I have no interest to camp.

One of the big ones is because I would have to load my beautiful, sporty FJ-09 with a bunch of camping crap.  It's like strapping saddle bags onto a thoroughbred.  Or, squirting mustard on mom's custard pie.  Makes no sense.

As you can see in the video, my bud and I were gracefully carving through the corners.  What you can't see in the video are all the loaded-down adventure bikes, and Harleys, we passed.  Ha.

Also, nuttin better than a cold beer and a warm bed, after riding all day.  Then, you wake up refreshed with a full tank of energy, ready to ride all day again.  :)

There ya go!  Never quite grasped the attraction of camping.  I'm all about hot showers, good mattresses and heat/AC as needed! 
Indeed!  Also, why would I want to load down my light, nimble, sporty FJ with a bunch of camping crap?  Makes no sense.

Archived