Blue 2017 FJ09's where are you?

I bought the Galaxy Blue FJ09 and love the deep blue colour. I haven't seen a single blue FJ09 on this forum yet. I know it's the 2017 model year bike, but there must be some out there. I will of course post a picture of my bike when I pick it up.

Where are you hiding 2017 Blue FJ09 owners?
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Here is my two-week old beauty/beast! 

IMG_3132.jpg

That's a very nice colour combo, jaimef.   My blue 2016 Tracer is much darker than yours, almost black in some lights, and the tank is supposedly gunmetal, but my eyes cannot detect any of the necessary tinge of blue within the otherwise metallic steel grey (gray) paintwork.   I like it, but think yours is a better execution.   Your bike's rear silver painted under-seat panels also give something of a visual 'lift', where otherwise it's all pretty dull and sombre.   But I do prefer my gold fork!   I'm assuming yours is a 2017 model, which we don't have here in Oz, and are not likely to see, as dealerships are still full of 2015's which they seem not to be able to give away!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Hi Wordsmith. I live here in the Philippines and there is a waiting list for the bike. I guess lots of pent-up demand and they only bring in about 6 every month. Yamaha only launched the Tracer 900 in January 2017.

And I do like your forks!

Nice pics of your bikes.Thanks guys. I will certainly take a picture if my bike before leaving the dealer and then somewhere nice and scenic too :)
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Love that blue and black combo! My last bike was Suzuki M90 in blue and I always invasioned blacking out the chrome bits but never did it. My only options for the FJ were red 2015 or or raven 2016...went raven and now wish the black paint was a flat black lol.

• 3 weeks later...
New to the forum and my '17 FJ-09 is my first Yamaha. I originally wanted the white, but the blue is really a good color. Can't wait to get suspension done.

Only had it 3 weeks and love it so far. Last bike was a Ducati Multistada 1100s.

This is the day I picked it up.

20171020_174307.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
MT09_Tracer.jpg
Had my bike for a month now .
What's the round disc thing on the swing arm? 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• 1 month later...
really wrong photo !

click on your post and you’ll get an edit button, then you can delete the photo.

EDIT: Doh, beaten to it by @piotrek

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived