Problems after installing LED turn signals

mrrab

The bike is probably just sulking about the Honda keyfob....
Oh how I love British humor. I learned a new word today, "sulking" and what does a Honda keyfob have to do with anything!!!
My Tracer carries a BMW key-fob and refuses to nod to acknowledge any other bikes on the road... P1040126.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Had a thought...

In summary of my turn signal issues...

1. All turn signals flash as they should however...
2. Front turn signals are dimly lit
3. Dash board turn signal indicators stay on
4. Rear turn signals stay on

Would someone be so kind to reference the FJ-09 service manual and see if having the dash board turn signals on indicate some type of error

Would it be hard to put all the signals back to stock and relay and see what happens? Something is shorted to bleed power into the signal circuit. Led's are very sensitive to voltage. .5 volts can be the difference between glowing and full brightness.

o and nothing on any error codes. Basically says if they are not working check wiring for any shorts and test relay. If nothing found replace switch

Would it be hard to put all the signals back to stock and relay and see what happens? Something is shorted to bleed power into the signal circuit. Led's are very sensitive to voltage. .5 volts can be the difference between glowing and full brightness.
This will likely be a winter project. However, I already did a quick test with one front stock turn signal and the rear lights turn off. Posted about this early in the thread. 

Archived