Anyone installed a BoosterPlug?

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/boosterplug-yamaha-mt-09-431p.html

My brother sent me a youtube video of a guy with a Kawasaki Versys (which is what my brother also has) and the guy goes through the seemingly simple install and commented how it's not smoke and mirrors, it seems to actually help hugely.

It's supposed to smooth out any harshness of FI bikes, from what I understand.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has actually installed one on their FJ-09, and what their impressions of it is?  This is cheaper than an ECU flash (for me), and half the price of a PowerCommander, and if it helps to eliminate some of the harsh on/off jerkiness of my FJ09 at lower speeds, I would be interested in it. 
But I'm also a cheap bastard, hence looking for owner opinions for the FJ09 application specifically before dropping a couple hundred.

More info: http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/booster-plug/

Mark

Current Ride - 2003 Kawasaki KLR650

If you got a pre 2017 you can do the APS adjustment mod for a smoother on/off response...
I just saw that mod mentioned in another thread a moment ago..  No idea what it is so I'm going to research now. Thanks!

Mark

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/boosterplug-yamaha-mt-09-431p.html 
My brother sent me a youtube video of a guy with a Kawasaki Versys (which is what my brother also has) and the guy goes through the seemingly simple install and commented how it's not smoke and mirrors, it seems to actually help hugely.

It's supposed to smooth out any harshness of FI bikes, from what I understand.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has actually installed one on their FJ-09, and what their impressions of it is?  This is cheaper than an ECU flash (for me), and half the price of a PowerCommander, and if it helps to eliminate some of the harsh on/off jerkiness of my FJ09 at lower speeds, I would be interested in it. 
But I'm also a cheap bastard, hence looking for owner opinions for the FJ09 application specifically before dropping a couple hundred.

More info: http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/booster-plug/

Mark

If you're thinking of "dropping a couple hundred", then just send your ECU to David VCyclenut.  He does the full flash for that.  And that does sooooo much more than the booster plug. 

Great info.

The ecu flash, I guess I should have said I'm in Canada, as that "$200" flash is actually $260 for me, before I even ship it to him.

I'll check out the kevxtx o2 controller as well.

Thanks guys

FWIW.   I was a member of a boxer-twin BMW Forum like this one for very many years, and the subject of Booster Plugs (and other similar devices under different names) often came up.   Nothing - repeat nothing - in that Forum gave rise to more opposing views and opinions.   Some swore the device was the best $X they'd ever spent on an aftermarket part for a bike: others claimed they noted absolutely no difference after fitting a Booster Plug: yet others thought they noticed a vague improvement.   

Mostly, what was being sought was to smooth-out very low-speed/ small throttle opening engine performance rather than to gain outright power.   Simplistically, the generically so-called 'power boosters' apparently did not boost power.   Frequent technical descriptions of how the things work seemed convincing, but never enough to persuade me to fork out the necessary folding stuff.   Again, FWIW.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I haven't had my FJ long enough to modify yet but i did install one of these booster plugs on my older 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 which was known for a horrible throttle snatch. It did help lessen the snatch to a more tolerable level but did not get rid of it completely. Apparently it "fools" the ecu to thinking the intake temp is much cooler therefore delivering a 6% increase in fuel mixture to aid in a lean condition many bikes have right off throttle. 

I removed the "booster plug" when i sold the Tiger and installed it on my next bike which was a 2011 Triumph Sprint GT. It made absolutely no difference on that bike whatsoever. Personally i think the FJ is quite smooth in it's stock form when i remember how bad the snatch was on my old Tiger. I have not been a FJ owner for very long and have never even owned a Yamaha. What is the reason some owners send out their ECU's for re-mapping? Aftermarket exhaust?  

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

It did help lessen the snatch to a more tolerable level but did not get rid of it completely. Apparently it "fools" the ecu to thinking the intake temp is much cooler therefore delivering a 6% increase in fuel mixture to aid in a lean condition many bikes have right off throttle.  
That's my understanding of it too.   But on the -09, riding in B (= soft or rain mode) has the same 'smoothing' effect, I find...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I have not been a FJ owner for very long and have never even owned a Yamaha. What is the reason some owners send out their ECU's for re-mapping? Aftermarket exhaust?  

@metallion 

the main reason we ( USA owners) send the ECU out is to remove a cancer known as EPA, which allows to bike to run far better... another reason is aftermarket exhaust...even just using the stock exhaust with a ECU reflash is plenty for some ppl... and the speed limit nanny gets kicked to the curb ?...other reasons may be to "turn on" the option for a QuickShifter...

on the other hand EU bikes run better off the floor compared to USA bikes as the EU bikes dont gotta deal with the EPA...

Im gonna say in a general sense that a reflashed USA FJ-09 bike will have very similar if not very identical "engine response/ attitude" to a EU MT-09 tracer off the show room floor...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Thank you for the info on the ECU re-flash. You both have given me another upgrade to ponder during the upcoming winter months which would be a good time to send an ECU out to have done. I honestly didn't think the throttle snatch was nearly as bad as my old Triumph Tiger. I did notice the strong engine braking though which i have mixed feelings about. It's actually kind of a nice assist in the occasion of going into a corner to hot and just letting off the throttle to help correct. 

I wonder if there is a way to find out if an ECU has been re-flashed? I purchased my bike used from a small dealer that obtained it from an auction in another state so i do not know the original owner to ask. Would there be a sticker or marking on the ECU if the PO had it done? 

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

...I wonder if there is a way to find out if an ECU has been re-flashed? I purchased my bike used from a small dealer that obtained it from an auction in another state so i do not know the original owner to ask. Would there be a sticker or marking on the ECU if the PO had it done? 
Possibly... Dave from Vcyclenut signs each unit he flashes. 2WDW might be doing the same.
The ECU flash removes the top speed limiter.    So see how fast you can go! 

Archived