Had to do it...sigh...

• Premium Member
California? No, thanks. 
Eastern Tennessee or mountains of North Carolina, maybe...

We thought about moving a little closer to town both because neither of us is getting any younger and because Mama sure would like a new house. Put this place on the market in April. Nada. Not even a phone call in 8 months.

I think that's what you call a hint.

This place ain't much, but it's paid for!
That’s exactly where I’m at. SE TN a few miles from north GA and western NC.  Theres a lot to be said about actually owning the home you live in. I don’t blame you for staying put. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
Whatever you do, don't move to Oregon. Rain 24/7/365. ?
I spent a couple of days in Washington and Oregon in August. It was the first time I had been to either. I was kinda looking foreword to the rainy weather I’ve always heard about..... didn’t rain a drop. South Dakota did try to kill me for the second year in a row though. 
Summer's are pretty dry in the Pacific Northwest, it's the only time we get to really ride. Rain starts in Seattle around Halloween, and doesn't really stop until 4th of July.

• Premium Member
South Dakota did try to kill me for the second year in a row though. 
My point exactly! smiley.png
Both times I’ve been there have been in August. Last year I rode just about across the state in the worst rain I’ve ever seen. A monsoon.  This year it was the thickest fog I’ve ever experienced. 
SD reminds me of an old girlfriend, I knew she might kill me but I kept going back because she’s fun to ride. 

Let’s go Brandon

My point exactly! smiley.png
Both times I’ve been there have been in August. Last year I rode just about across the state in the worst rain I’ve ever seen. A monsoon. This year it was the thickest fog I’ve ever experienced. 
SD reminds me of an old girlfriend, I knew she might kill me but I kept going back because she’s fun to ride. 
What is it with SD?  I went through SD last August also.  On my way to the Badlands I encountered some of the worst winds I have ever ridden through.  The bike was leaning at like 45 degrees due to a cross wind.  Every time I passed a semi, it would block the wind and cause the bike to turn into the semi, then I would be pushed to the opposite side once I passed it.  Those are about the only sphincter puckering moments I have had on the FJ-09 thus far as it is normally quite stable. 
Pictures:

Bike loaded for trip:

SDC10326.jpg

Badlands:

SDC10327.jpg

Archived