• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Had to do it...sigh...

Move somewhere warmer.
While in the Navy, I lived in the Philippines for 18 months,  coastal Virginia for 6 months, Florida for 5 years and South Carolina for 3 years. 
That's all the heat I ever plan to do.  If it never got over 75° again, I'd be a happy guy. 

• Premium Member
Move somewhere warmer.
While in the Navy, I lived in the Philippines for 18 months,  coastal Virginia for 6 months, Florida for 5 years and South Carolina for 3 years. 
That's all the heat I ever plan to do.  If it never got over 75° again, I'd be a happy guy. 
San Diego
BLB

San Diego
This. Never gets more than a couple degrees away from 75°. But you gotta pay for it....

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Move somewhere warmer.

I have to concur. Summers in the south are brutal, but the nice winters (and corresponding 12 month riding season) works for me.

We spent two winters in Rapid City, and I quickly realized that wasn’t for me... the possibility of having one of the kids die of exposure between the front door and the minivan was way too much parental pressure.

California? No, thanks.

Eastern Tennessee or mountains of North Carolina, maybe...

We thought about moving a little closer to town both because neither of us is getting any younger and because Mama sure would like a new house. Put this place on the market in April. Nada. Not even a phone call in 8 months.

I think that's what you call a hint.

This place ain't much, but it's paid for!

• Premium Member
It seems that this past 6-8 months have been very hot here in central,Fl. It just got really nice and cool in the 70's. Good time to ride but I have to head out very early as traffic sucks. Time for some camping trips and riding adventures!
When I lived in N.Y. I would stop riding when it got so cold I couldn't feel my hand squeezing the clutch. Those were the days on my Yamaha XS650C. What fun!
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Farcle time. If you can't ride it, you might as well work on it.
Indeed.  I just finished putting an extended rear fender/hugger on it. 
I'm thinking an ECU flash would make a nice Christmas present to myself.

• Premium Member
Whatever you do, don't move to Oregon. Rain 24/7/365. ?
I spent a couple of days in Washington and Oregon in August. It was the first time I had been to either. I was kinda looking foreword to the rainy weather I’ve always heard about..... didn’t rain a drop. South Dakota did try to kill me for the second year in a row though. 

Let’s go Brandon

Archived