SW Motech soft saddlebags question

Any one tried these? 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mpo/d/yamaha-fz-09-sw-motech/6402005283.html

They are from an FZ09 so they may  or may not fit.  They do have brackets that hold the bags in place so they do not hit the tire/swingarm.  I am planning to take my bike over and try them on the bike before buying.

Just curious...

-ScootSW_Motech_bags.jpg

I have them.

DSC00696.jpg

Bags an brackets of FZ fits on FJ. Bags stays in place while riding, and they don't swing around.
They are expandable from 14L to 21L each. You can carry them around like normal luggage bag, beacause they are very easy deatchable, and they have a handle.

• Premium Member
Any one tried these?   
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mpo/d/yamaha-fz-09-sw-motech/6402005283.html

They are from an FZ09 so they may  or may not fit.  They do have brackets that hold the bags in place so they do not hit the tire/swingarm.  I am planning to take my bike over and try them on the bike before buying.

Just curious...

-Scoot
SW_Motech_bags.jpg

The brackets for the FJ-09 are 17 1/2" long from the front of the bracket straight back to the end. The brackets for the FZ may be a bit shorter. 

I have these identical bags with different braces on an FZ8 and absolutely love them.  They hold enough for a day or two road trip; simple to put on and take off, they are easy to take with you into a hotel room or tent.

image.jpg

2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and 2018 Yamaha XSR700

The FZ09 mounting brackets did not fit on the FJ09. I was able to make them work on the left side. The right side required a custom fab bracket to mount to the rear footpeg in the correct place. The FZ mounting location does not work on the FJ because of clearance issues with the rear brake reservoir. I did make it work by fabbing a custom bracket, however. I also sent an email to SW Motech directly to see if they would send the correct bracket to me. It would look a bit cleaner to have the correct part.

• Supporting Member
I've always taught they fit from FZ to FJ, because they have the same frame.  
My bad undecided.png

They have the same main frame but the rear sub-frames are different. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived