Trying to find Shad luggage complete to [purchase

17 FJ-09i'm researching a purchase for Chad top and side bags. I've narrowed it down to the sh23 side bags and the sh46 for the top box. side bags are a little small, but should look great color matched on the FJ w/o being too big. there are only a few sites that have any. seems there coming from Europe w/ hi cost shipping. Shadonline has the side bags at a great price but w/ no mounting hardware. I've found the some of the bags on E-bay, but w, no mounting hardware. It seems the top box comes with a bracket which must mount to the fj's luggage rack. I don't have a rack yet. There seems to be a 3 point system rack for $129 w/ a luggage rack. somewhat confusing to find a site what has it all !  

Any Help, THX                                                                                                   Howie...

It seems I've found all the products I need on the SHAD site. I might do better w/price else where, but @ SHAD it's complete. There's a confusion though; it's stated I'll need a bike specific fitment kit. I'm not sure if they offered it, but a (FJ-09 (2015) Top Mount) for $140 came up, if that's correct, I think I've got a complete set. There's a (FJ-09 (15-17) Set Top and 3P System Mount), but specifically for certain, not all bag choices.
                                [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]   [/span][span]   T[/span]NX for reply                                                                                                                          Howie                                                                                                                 

It seems I've found all the products I need on the SHAD site. I might do better w/price else where, but @ SHAD it's complete. There's a confusion though; it's stated I'll need a bike specific fitment kit. I'm not sure if they offered it, but a (FJ-09 (2015) Top Mount) for $140 came up, if that's correct, I think I've got a complete set. There's a (FJ-09 (15-17) Set Top and 3P System Mount), but specifically for certain, not all bag choices.                                 [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]   [/span][span]   T[/span]NX for reply                                                                                                                          Howie                                                                                                                 
Just be sure you input the year/make/model when selecting everything and it should be good. I ordered directly from SHAD for my Side Cases w/ 3P system and had no problems.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Thanks for reply. The 3P systems offer only 2 or 3 model top boxes and the SH36 side bags as options unless ordered separately. I don't know if the (FJ-09 (2015)) specific Top Mountkit is the bike specific fitment kit required to install the Shad top box, or do I need to purchase it from a dealer or elsewhere.

TNX; Howie..

The 3P side racks take both the SH36 and the SH 23 side cases. You just have to swap over a small plastic end piece on the mounts to change between the case sizes.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

The 3P side racks take both the SH36 and the SH 23 side cases. You just have to swap over a small plastic end piece on the mounts to change between the case sizes.
I think i'm meaning the whole kits they offer for the top and side complete are limited, but it's good to know both sizes can reasonably be swapped out if needed. I could buy the SH 23 for most trips, and pick up a set of sh36's on e-bay later for heavy packing trips.   [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie.. 

@bikeboy

If you are going with the SH23 then it seems you will have to order seperately. If you are ok with the SH36, then you can order the whole kit together.

When you are selecting your side cases it should have a drop down section for you to include the mounting system. Or you can select the mounting system first and there will be a drop down to add cases.

Here is a link to the SHAD top case mount.

http://www.shadonline.com/yamaha-fj-09-2014-shad-top-case-support-brackets-p/y0mt95st.htm

This is the 3P mounting system. You can select SH23 on the drop down menu when ordering the mount. It's all pretty straight forward.

http://www.shadonline.com/shad-side-case-support-brackets-Yamaha-FJ-09-p/y0mt95if.htm

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Is that the bike specific fitment kit different from the bike specific luggage rack, or must the fitment be purchased at dealer ?
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie...

@bikeboy  
If you are going with the SH23 then it seems you will have to order seperately. If you are ok with the SH36, then you can order the whole kit together.

When you are selecting your side cases it should have a drop down section for you to include the mounting system. Or you can select the mounting system first and there will be a drop down to add cases.

Here is a link to the SHAD top case mount.

http://www.shadonline.com/yamaha-fj-09-2014-shad-top-case-support-brackets-p/y0mt95st.htm

This is the 3P mounting system. You can select SH23 on the drop down menu when ordering the mount. It's all pretty straight forward.

http://www.shadonline.com/shad-side-case-support-brackets-Yamaha-FJ-09-p/y0mt9ht  [span]   [/span]

• 1 month later...
I ordered the SH45 top box and mount, LED light bar, and SH23 side cases and mounts end of December. They were all to come with the white panels. the side case tops came later separately w/o way to fasten them.  I'm still waiting for the top box light bar and rack, and a way to properly fasten those color panel lids to the SH23's. This too long for these parts to have come in. I've e-mailed and called them. I've spoken w/ Daniel Drosas of Shadline; and tells me  there coming soon .
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie...

• 2 weeks later...
Well; my rear luggage rack came in. No word on there color panel fit, and no LED brake light kit. When I call. Danial keeps telling me he'll check on it and get back to me, but still no word after over a month.  These luggage racks should have been aluminum; not steel to reduce weight. The rear top box rack spacers are too wide to accept the top box mount and I'm replacing them w/ shallower ones to accept the rear top box mount.
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie.....

If you're making reference to Daniel, SHAD's customer rep, it can get a bit frustrating.  I had a similar experience when I ordered mine.  He will come through for you.  I told him I needed my bags for a trip I had planned and told him the date I needed them buy.  I had them almost immediately after that conversation. Possibly a coincidence but worth a try.  They are nice bags.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
Wow, with that kind of purchasing experience, I may have to look at other options. I'm planning a trip with a few buddies this summer and need to get some bags, but I may put Shad at the back of the list based on this feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
i'm now trying to work w/ daniel to figure out how to fasten the color lids to my SH 23. side cases. There's a triangular grid and hole on top that has no way to fasten, esp if it has to look correct. The SH45 color lids are fastened from the inside; no holes shown. Anyone have these side bags w/ a color lid ? If so, please tell me how.  

[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]   Tnx;[/span][span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span] [/span]Howie..

Archived