oil leak

enx

Hey guys!

I didn't find anyone with this problem, so I've decided to start a new thread.

My tracer have an oil leak from valve cover gasket. From the beginning (let's say 1500km) oil stain on engine head was bigger than now, with aprox. 6500km. So, more kilometers it have, smaller leakage is...

This occurs on hot days, when engine is on maximum temperature, when fan comes on. When I ride on working temp 70-80 celsius, there's no sign of oil.

I still have warranty. Should I fix this, or wait and hope if it fix itself?

This pic was taken at about 1500km...
DSC00653.jpg

...an this at 5000km
DSC00705.jpg

I wipe this off everytime i wash the bike, let's say on 500km.

• Premium Member
Hey guys! 
I didn't find anyone with this problem, so I've decided to start a new thread.

My tracer have an oil leak from valve cover gasket. From the beginning (let's say 1500km) oil stain on engine head was bigger than now, with aprox. 6500km. So, more kilometers it have, smaller leakage is...

This occurs on hot days, when engine is on maximum temperature, when fan comes on. When I ride on working temp 70-80 celsius, there's no sign of oil.

I still have warranty. Should I fix this, or wait and hope if it fix itself?

I wipe this off everytime i wash the bike, let's say on 500km.

If you're comfortable with it, simply re-torque the valve cover to spec. I believe it's listed as "Cylinder head cover bolt" Qty 4 - M6 - 10 NM / 7.2 lb-ft
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I noticed some similar staining on mine when it was brand new. I assumed it was some sealant or grease from the assembly process. Now have about 12k miles on the FJ and there are no oil leaks whatsoever.

If its under warranty, take it up to the shop and have them look at it.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
I noticed some similar staining on mine when it was brand new. I assumed it was some sealant or grease from the assembly process. Now have about 12k miles on the FJ and there are no oil leaks whatsoever. 
If its under warranty, take it up to the shop and have them look at it.
If you take it to the dealer, it's on record as being a problem before the warranty period ended, so if it becomes a bigger problem down the road, they are on the hook to fix it free.

• 6 months later...

Archived