where and how many switched 12V auxillary DC outputs ?

howie333

I'm in process of wiring accessories to my new FJ-09. I'm in process of wiring the factory heated grips and should have it's own switched fused link. The switched auxiliary dc jack is rated @ 2 amps, and could be for a future GPS, but I will be installing a 5 amp powerlet jack for heated suit, a J&M radio, and a future load. I may need a 20-30A switched relay/ fuse box for these if there are no extra switched auxiliary DC outputs. Can U help ? The bike is torn down now and need to know how many and where are they located?
Also; I'm wiring in a signal flasher to tail light; There are only 3 leads. I need to know wire color code for brake light. wiring scematic  does not specify clearly yellow; black; and blue locations. I assume black wire   is ground

[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Please Reply;[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Thank You..
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie... 

Also; I'm wiring in a signal flasher to tail light; There are only 3 leads. I need to know wire color code for brake light. wiring scematic  does not specify clearly yellow; black; and blue locations. I assume black wire   is ground

[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Please Reply;[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Thank You..
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie... 
Brake light is the yellow wire.   I Posi-tapped into it to power my Skene-style DIY flashing/ pulsing rear brake light LEDs.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Well, I must give up the search for these auxiliary output jacks or plugs. According to the fuse blocks; There are 2 -2 amp aux. and 2-2amp terminal outputs. I can only figure one is for the heated grips(no marked fuse), and another for the 12 aux cig. ltr plug upper left of the dash. I cant find any other switched output. There is a 2 pin gry capped output under tank area, but has no voltage. Been to 2 dealer shops, have no clue. I'll just have to install a 4 ckt. fuse bar and relay for any additional loads. any help appreciated.
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie.

Thanks for reply. It would great to use them. For high amp loads, i'd install a relay powered from the battery. How do I get to those auxiliary jacks behind the windshield ? It seems like a hard access point to get to. Is there a procedure? [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Thanks';[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie

it takes 5 minutes to get to them. Take screen off, take plastic cover off ( 3 -4 press connectors).
What takes the extra time is taking the tank trims and and quarter panels off if you're running cables neatly. There's a place for the really behind the left quarter panel. Quite a lot of info on here, just do a search.

it takes 5 minutes to get to them. Take screen off, take plastic cover off ( 3 -4 press connectors). What takes the extra time is taking the tank trims and and quarter panels off if you're running cables neatly. There's a place for the really behind the left quarter panel. Quite a lot of info on here, just do a search.
I've tried to do searches on this site, but seem to be difficult. I put in subject and hit search for various subjects , but always comes up not found. 

• Premium Member
http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/relay.php 
http://www.advdesigns.com/fuzeblock.html

there are a few others, some with Bluetooth control but the Fuzeblock FZ-1 is reasonably priced.
+1 for the Fuzeblock. I have one installed in my FJR and love it! You can choose switched or no and also choose the fuse size for your application.

minutes ago

Back to Forums ReplyQuote Edit like

Post Options

Post by bikeboy on 9 minutes ago

Well; what I've decided is to install the 2nd 12v accessory jack on the right side ( black plug) for other accessories, sa. CB radio/ music, brake flasher and chain oiler, and use the gray jack ( power for heated clothing only when engine runs) for gerbing heated clothing, the existing left side jack i'll use for a gps already fused @2a. the right side plug i'm adding needs to be 5A for the Gerbing gloves and socks. My question would be can I just replace the 2A w/ a 5A fuse, or will need a relay and secondary power. I don't know if the accessory plug, wiring, connectors, and it's power buss will handle additional load ?

[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Thanks,

[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie...

I would advise against replacing low amp fuses with higher amperage fuses. The fuses are there to protect the harness. You could destroy more than the circuit you're applying it to when the cables burnt out.
Heated clothing takes higher amperage so use a relay and heavy duty cable.
There are sockets on the left side for the OEM heated grips. There is a thread about using them for a heated vest I think.

I would advise against replacing low amp fuses with higher amperage fuses. The fuses are there to protect the harness. You could destroy more than the circuit you're applying it to when the cables burnt out. Heated clothing takes higher amperage so use a relay and heavy duty cable.
There are sockets on the left side for the OEM heated grips. There is a thread about using them for a heated vest I think.
 Thanks for reply. I would use a relay, but don't know if the accessory jack, wires and socket end is rated for anything more than 2 amps. I may just rely on the heated grips only I bought, and forget the outlet for the clothing. [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie....

Archived