Tracer 900 seat fit on FJ 09?

morkys

Here is hoping the newly redesigned seat for the Tracer 900 will fit on the FJ09 giving us another option. There aren't many things I want to change on this bike, but the seat is definitely one of them. I know there are some options out there, but the more there are, the better.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Hi,

I'm not sure about the 2018 Tracer 900 seat for the 2015-2017 FJ-09, but you can order MUCH more comfortable seats from Europe, if you want. Bagster makes a few, and they are amazing; I ordered one as soon as I bought my FJ-09 in early 2016 and it makes a world of difference. I would suggest Googling "Bagster AND Seat", or go straight to a reseller:

https://www.silverstonemotor.com/en/selle-yamaha/256-bagster-yamaha-mt09-tracer-2015-2017-motorcycle-comfort-diva-ready-luxe-saddle-5355z.html

Enjoy!

Pierre

Hi, 
I'm not sure about the 2018 Tracer 900 seat for the 2015-2017 FJ-09, but you can order MUCH more comfortable seats from Europe, if you want. Bagster makes a few, and they are amazing; I ordered one as soon as I bought my FJ-09 in early 2016 and it makes a world of difference. I would suggest Googling "Bagster AND Seat", or go straight to a reseller:

https://www.silverstonemotor.com/en/selle-yamaha/256-bagster-yamaha-mt09-tracer-2015-2017-motorcycle-comfort-diva-ready-luxe-saddle-5355z.html

Enjoy!

Pierre
+ 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
The stock seat that will come with the new Tracer 900 may be an improvement over previous years, but I wouldn't hold out hope on that one. I have yet to own a motorcycle that I've kept for any length of time where I didn't replace the stocker in short order. I expect the new Tracer seat will be the same. Cool to look at, but that's about all.

• 3 weeks later...
Is the Bagster the same height as the stock seat?
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Is the Bagster the same height as the stock seat?
Having had two (2) BAGSTER seats on two (2) Tracers I can answer that there is not a gnat's whisker of difference in seat height when fitted.   Comfort - light years of difference... :)

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived