Howdy from Michigan!

hoopdie

fellow Michigander here...

is that Platinum PowerSports outta Rockford MI??? if so thats like 5miles from my house...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

fellow Michigander here...  
is that Platinum PowerSports outta Rockford MI??? if so thats like 5miles from my house...

Lol sure is! First come first serve! Highly recommend their business based on this purchase experience, very easy to work with.

I just moved to that area. I’m about 2 miles away and in need of riding buddies!

I agree.. Platinum Powersports is a good dealership... the guys I ride with fro.
work(all HD ?) all brought the HD thru them as well as service... They did my handlebar riser recall and fixed a front sprocket seal under warranty back in Nov...

IIRC one of the parts counter guy rides an FZ-09 so hes familiar with the normal noises of the engine...

If you enjoy a track day or two, Fox Powersports puts on a ride clinic a few times a year at the local tracks such as Grattan Raceway and Gingerman Raceway... the FJ-09 is no slouch on the track or the drag strip at US131 dragway ?

I agree.. Platinum Powersports is a good dealership... the guys I ride with fro. work(all HD ?) all brought the HD thru them as well as service... They did my handlebar riser recall and fixed a front sprocket seal under warranty back in Nov...

IIRC one of the parts counter guy rides an FZ-09 so hes familiar with the normal noises of the engine...

If you enjoy a track day or two, Fox Powersports puts on a ride clinic a few times a year at the local tracks such as Grattan Raceway and Gingerman Raceway... the FJ-09 is no slouch on the track or the drag strip at US131 dragway ?

I’ve been in cars at grattan, can only imagine how fun the bikes would be! Might have to check that out!

the weather looks dry this weekend... might have to take the FJ-09 for a ride and stalk a silver FJ-09 thats just down the street since they are pretty elusive machine by forum standards ?

• Premium Member
I’m sure I’ll miss the Harley rumble occasionally.
Maybe, but I'll wager that perma-grin you're gonna be sporting for the next couple of months will keep the tears at bay... 
Welcome to the club.

Omg omg omg omg! No words, just pure joy! Best couple miles I’ve ever rode. Bitter sweet though, I’m sure I’ll miss the Harley rumble occasionally.ed92488d2998139cba0c00d91069a10b.jpg

welcome to the club... I dont think you will miss the HD ?...

one thing you should check is the chain slack... the owners manual calls for way too tight of spec and general consensus is to run the chain slack approx 25-30mm

other than that, since your right down the road and have any questions about the FJ-09 send me a PM, only thing left for me to upgrade on my FJ-09 is the suspension which is on the wish list...

Archived