Quick rant about service at dealerships

I like the *almost* part.
Tech #1 goes "ok that'll be $30 for the diagnostic" and Tech #2 slides over and says "oh it's ok the boss is gonna take care of it somehow"

Yeah cause the bike is 10 months old and still under warranty or something? Vexing stuff really.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Post up where you’re at so we can avoid those dealerships.
In the reno/tahoe area. Idk I've tried just about everything around here ended up taking it to Michael's in Reno. Originally bought the bike from roseville yamaha.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights

Oh ha! Yea.. Roseville Yamaha tries to hide their crappy service with umbrella girls for 'secretaries'. A friend of mine used to work in the service department there, he rides an FZ09. He ended up going to a private shop though.

'15 FJ09

Man I feel lucky when I read these posts. I ride with the owner of the dealership where  I bought my FJ. When I got my recall on my handle bars and cam tension-er , he called me before I even known about them " Hey man bring the bike in " and he didn't charge me a dime.

• Premium Member
Man I feel lucky when I read these posts. I ride with the owner of the dealership where  I bought my FJ. When I got my recall on my handle bars and cam tension-er , he called me before I even known about them " Hey man bring the bike in " and he didn't charge me a dime.

I don’t know the owners of my local shop or the shop where I bought my FJ. My customer service experience with both has been fantastic. Now, Yamaha corporate.... not so much. My dealer took care of me when they dropped the ball.

Let’s go Brandon

Oh ha! Yea.. Roseville Yamaha tries to hide their crappy service with umbrella girls for 'secretaries'. A friend of mine used to work in the service department there, he rides an FZ09. He ended up going to a private shop though.
Good to know. Honestly buying the bike there was a great experience they even delivered it to me for free almost 2 hours away which no other place was even close to willing to do. (didn't want to buy the bike and immediately put highway miles on it) But then when I called service it was a whole other story guy was extremely rude to me. Have you dealt with PCP? They are running a pretty good deal on 2018 yamaha dirt bikes...

I'm jelly

Good to know. Honestly buying the bike there was a great experience they even delivered it to me for free almost 2 hours away which no other place was even close to willing to do. (didn't want to buy the bike and immediately put highway miles on it) But then when I called service it was a whole other story guy was extremely rude to me. Have you dealt with PCP? They are running a pretty good deal on 2018 yamaha dirt bikes...
I have a good friend who does sales there. He's a great dude. Management seemed decent enough the few times I've been in. I haven't dealt with service at all. Haven't heard much about them being bad though, so I guess that's a good thing haha!

'15 FJ09

Archived