K-Tech opinions please

rustyshackles

• Premium Member
Razor Lite shock and 20IDS fork have been suggested to me by a local suspension guy. My riding is commuting, touring and spirited road riding, no track days.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Supporting Member
I don’t think you can go wrong with most aftermarket suspension components. What’s most important is how it is set up internally and that it has the adjusters that you might need. (Ride height, remote preload, high speed compression etc).
Another thing to consider is if he is an authorized service center for that brand as he might have more ready access to specific repair or replacement parts.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

the IDS20 is decent but rather stiff (comp) out of the box. I revalve them for street use. I've got one on the shelf I'd love to get rid of. The shocks work very well, (better than Ohlins IMO) and cheaper to boot. 

the IDS20 is decent but rather stiff (comp) out of the box. I revalve them for street use. I've got one on the shelf I'd love to get rid of. The shocks work very well, (better than Ohlins IMO) and cheaper to boot. 
PM sent

Just talked to a suspension shop earlier and they said the same thing about Ohlins vs K-tech. Nice to get a second source so quickly while deciding what to go with myself.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• 1 month later...
I recently installed K Tech IDS cartridges and Razor shock on my bike. I really like them. Their performance was impressive. Previously, I had Matt's advanced kit in the forks and a ZX6 shock revalved and resprung. My previous set up worked well, but in addition to better performance, the K Tech stuff is much easier to adjust (both preload/sag and damping)

Got all my k-tech stuff installed as well, razor r on the rear and I'm not entirely sure what they did with the front to be honest but it was rebuilt to my weight with stiffer springs and whatnot. Totally new bike, thing handles on rails now and keeps itself much much more composed through rough patches which was an issue for me before with the condition of our roads.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights

not entirely sure what they did with the front to be honest 
K-Tech has a replacement valve assembly set. Maybe that's what they used?
Yeah it was the piston kit I believe I'm assuming same thing.

Archived