A little road trip.

fddriver2

• Premium Member
We're in Highlands NC. Warm and dry. :) Gonna let that nasty Storm blowing through the Southeast mostly pass and swing around the west side of it. And head home Monday or Tuesday.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
The front yard. Yeah. I'm gonna wait... lolololol :D5783d44752e1a9d92420d38de3537cab.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
I'm gonna wait...
Life is what you make of it!  
Right now, you need to make another cup of coffee... :)
Or a Jack and ginger. It is 5 o'clock somewhere. Oh wait. It's 5 o'clock here. ;)

• Premium Member
The FJ is sad though. That picture isn't out of focus. It is that foggy (and cold) here.fab631c265bdbcb6e5afc815d4c5c352.jpg

• Premium Member
Closing up the trip.

We left Highlands on Tuesday in rain and fog and cold.
It was pouring rain all the way to Athens GA. Where the weather started clearing.
We rode from Highlands to Lake City FL. 435-ish miles. The longest day by far on the bikes this trip.
The total trip 1667 miles. Mpg was a low of 47 with a high of 53.

A couple thoughts.

Roadsmart 3's are very good in the rain, even when they are cold, very cold. :D
I had a starting problem off and on during the trip. It would fire but not stay running (idle) I had to hold it at a higher rpm for 30 seconds or so before it would idle.
I had one complete failure to start after fueling up. It would crank but not fire and showed a 019 code, which is a kickstand circuit failure according to Google. Turning the key off and back on fixed it.
I used bel-ray chain cleaner on the trip it works fine, but it is only good for one maybe two uses.
I still like my Nelson-Rigg bike cover. Totally waterproof, protecting the top of the bike, takes up next to no space.

Until next time... :)ba5cc958dfc28d1d0ae599e3a242b2d9.jpg0926910c1a5b54b7fe7ac1a6280d829c.jpgc88db4312e38ade475ba40c591307453.jpg92dc9efac3f3dab037ba89e9b2ef3b8d.jpg4020fdd986ad68ad08f8287b5171aaf1.jpg

Re:  your failure to start.

I had a similar symptom just the other day.  Crank but no start.  

I was wearing my new gloves and they're a bit of a tight fit between the bar and the instrument pod.  I took them off to investigate and discovered that the key wasn't quite all the way into the "ON" position.  When I went to turn it off and back on (the motorcycle equivalent of the famous computer fix... :P  ) I felt it "click" just a bit when I grabbed it.  

Tried the starter again and it fired right up.

Archived