ABS Brake Pump Module Running all the time

DavidS

• Premium Member
Ok, Bike is operational, and everything is now prepped for Spring riding!

I have to thank everyone in this forum, for helping me. Sometimes, no matter how experienced you are, things just don't go your way and when frustration sets in, you need someone who can provide objective advice. You guys all helped me get my bike ready, and a big hats off for the assist.

• Premium Member
@pcwizz - The summary from the first thread was as follows... hopefully this gets you taken care of:  
“I found the problem. Two fuses were burnt. The main(50A) and one fuse called ETV(7.5A) from the fuse box close to the main fuse.
After replacement she is spinning again.”
You make it sound so simple, but this was one of those days where nothing worked as it was supposed to, and my frustrations made a very simple job seem like sending a man to the moon. Even getting the seat to latch when I was done took 15 minutes. 

Thanks to all for the help!

Glad you get her dialed in.

For future searches, that 7.5 ETV fuse is for the fly-by-wire servo motor (YCC-T)

The bike usually will start and run with that fuse blown, but have ZERO throttle response (stays at idle when twisting the throttle).

-Skip

• Supporting Member
Glad you got it all sorted, @pcwizz. Just to close out the thread, was it only the 50A main power fuse you had to replace, or were there any others that had also blown?

I figure we should document it here and ‘pay it forward’ for the next guy this happen to...

-Scott

• Premium Member
Glad you got it all sorted, @pcwizz . Just to close out the thread, was it only the 50A main power fuse you had to replace, or were there any others that had also blown?  
I figure we should document it here and ‘pay it forward’ for the next guy this happen to...

-Scott
It was the 2 ABS fuses (30, 15) & ETV 7.5 

• Premium Member
Any idea what caused them fuses to blow.
Battery hooked up opposite from what it should be.
User stupidity........ all mine 
The battery can fit two ways, the correct way is on it's side. I chose the wrong way :)

User stupidity........ all mine
It’s a wise man who can admit when he f@cked up. ?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived