Givi Monokey Outback Trekkers not compatible with Monkey?

rooster92

Hoping someone can help me identify what type of mounting system these side cases use. I bought them off ebay and before purchasing, asked the seller if they were compatible with Monokey. Seller said yes, I purchased, and then oooppps, guess they aren't. >:D  Because they'll cost an arm and a leg to ship back, I'm hoping there's a different rail from the one monokey rail that I'm currently using. 

Thanks all. 

Screen_Shot_2018-04-30_at_6.34.41_PM.png

I plugged the FJ-09 into the Givi bike builder and added the outback side cases...

it says this mount system is needed

PL2122CAM
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Ah yes, "CAM" is the difference. And it seems they are called Monokey CAM so easily confused with Monokey. Can't hold the seller to that small detail. Looks like I'm getting a new side rack mount. 

I did the same thing, everybody that has replied already is correct you need the CAM mount.  It was a great price, Revilla refused to match it.  I do like them, the only downside is that the CAM mount is a fixed mount and the other monokey is removable.  

I did the same thing, everybody that has replied already is correct you need the CAM mount.  It was a great price, Revilla refused to match it.  I do like them, the only downside is that the CAM mount is a fixed mount and the other monokey is removable.  
I'm already dreading the fixed mount but I suppose it will be nice to have a more durable system and better locking. Thanks all. 

I'm already dreading the fixed mount but I suppose it will be nice to have a more durable system and better locking. Thanks all. 
You can take it off at anytime... it just takes 15-20 minutes instead of 1-2.

• Premium Member
I have these cases, 37l versions on my Explorer. Triumph buys them in with Triumph logos embossed on them and locks matched to the ignition. They are very good but rather heavy so take a few practice rides before a long trip. Also practice shuffling the bike around with them full.

I always make sure the bike is parked facing uphill. Even on a slight slope, with these boxes fitted, my Explorer is a proper bitch to reverse uphill. I get the bike out of my garage, then fit the boxes if going on a trip!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived