Seat and tire updates

• Premium Member
Brief update for @texscottyd and anyone else wondering how the Bagster seat is working out.

In short, it's pretty good - not outstanding but better than the Yamaha Comfort jobbie I'd been using previously. I had to remove my handlebar risers to find the right seating position, as the Bagster tips me a little further forward, but the riding position now feel suitably comfortable and sporty. The initial slipperiness of the cover material seems to be decreasing, too, making it more confidence-inspiring during twisty sections. My sit-bones still get a bit vocal after several hours in the saddle, but definitely more slowly and less pronounced than with previous seats. Will update again once I've had a chance to do a multi-day trip, as that seems to be the definitive word on how well a seat takes care of my tender tushie.

While I'm at it, I'll ring in on the Pilot Road 5s I had installed a couple of weeks ago, to replace the Pirelli Angel GTs that were down to the braids. I really liked the GTs for performance and was amazed to get over 20,000K out of them last year. I actually wondered whether I made a mistake going with the PR5s, considering how well the GTs treated me. Apparently, the worry was all for naught - these PR5s are fantastic, at least as sticky as the GTs and maybe more (although, a bit hard to tell, as I'm comparing them fresh to the GTs at the end of their lives). Super confidence-inspiring and likely to lead to a few tickets, unfortunately. Haven't tried them in the rain, yet, but all reports are that they're fantastic there, too.

Hope that helps any of you thinking about trying either of these products on your own steed!

• Supporting Member
I'll ring in on the Pilot Road 5s I had installed a couple of weeks ago, to replace the Pirelli Angel GTs that were down to the braids. I really liked the GTs for performance and was amazed to get over 20,000K out of them last year.
Is that 20,000kms? or miles?  either way thats very impressive.  I have ran many sets of Angel GT's, worn them down to the cords, and never got over 9,000 miles out of a set.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I'll ring in on the Pilot Road 5s I had installed a couple of weeks ago, to replace the Pirelli Angel GTs that were down to the braids. I really liked the GTs for performance and was amazed to get over 20,000K out of them last year.
Is that 20,000kms? or miles?  either way thats very impressive.  I have ran many sets of Angel GT's, worn them down to the cords, and never got over 9,000 miles out of a set.
That's 20,000KM (or 22,000KM, more precisely). Impressive, indeed!  
I don't do standing burnouts but I don't dawdle, either, and I was not expecting to get that range out of a set of tires. 
Here's hoping the PR5s are similarly long-lasting.

Just here to agree with the PR5s, I've been really liking them, too. Came off of a set of Angel GTs as well on my Buell 1125CR and even though I switched bikes in the meantime, the PR5s leave nothing to be desired (yet). Hopefully they last a while, too!

Archived