Quick Seat Fix

The only thing I didn't like about my bike was the rock hard stock seat. Last summer I made the mistake of buying the Yamaha comfort seat and it was just as hard if not harder than the Stock one. Anyway, bought a pair of KLIM Armourded shorts and problem solved. They have the padded chamois in the ass and plenty of good protection for thighs, Hips tailbone etc..Think I paid $120.00 Cad. Fit really well under my riding pants. Super comfy. No need for an aftermarket seat now with the added benefit of protection.

KLIM Tactical Short

klim-tactical-short.jpg

• Supporting Member
Have you used padded bicycle shorts as a comparison? I have tried a few different padded bicycle shorts and they actually made the situation worse. They chafed so bad when I moved around, my skin felt raw and the padding felt like I was wearing a diaper when I would get off the bike and walk around.

If these are an improvement over bicycle shorts, I would be interested.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
The only thing I didn't like about my bike was the rock hard stock seat. Last summer I made the mistake of buying the Yamaha comfort seat and it was just as hard if not harder than the Stock one. Anyway, bought a pair of KLIM Armourded shorts and problem solved. They have the padded chamois in the ass and plenty of good protection for thighs, Hips tailbone etc..Think I paid $120.00 Cad. Fit really well under my riding pants. Super comfy. No need for an aftermarket seat now with the added benefit of protection. 

KLIM Tactical Short

klim-tactical-short.jpg

I’ve been riding in those same shorts for a couple of years now. I don’t do a long (>500 miles) or multiday ride without them. I’ve also used bicycle shorts and prefer the klim’s.
If you have a chafing problem, I recommend
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-Bond-Friction-Unscented-Defense-Stick-1-75oz/20863033

Let’s go Brandon

Have you used padded bicycle shorts as a comparison? I have tried a few different padded bicycle shorts and they actually made the situation worse. They chafed so bad when I moved around, my skin felt raw and the padding felt like I was wearing a diaper when I would get off the bike and walk around. 
If these are an improvement over bicycle shorts, I would be interested.
I have not used bicycle shorts on a motorcycle, only on a peddle bike so can't say. For me, these KLIM shorts work great.

• Premium Member
I have motoskiveez as well. They do help when breaking in a new custom seat. They are generally better than not having padded underwear. I put reg underwear on first then the padded over it. For the FJ09 make sure you get the adventure style. They have three types to match your sitting position. For me the seat issue has been the biggest downside ( no pun intended) to the FJ09. I went with Terry's custom seat and I'm happy. Went through two sets of Corbin seats and currently have a gel type Corbin on the shelf. Allot of motorcycles have crappy seats. I found that stock Harley seats suck. Ural's new seats suck, etc... I sat on both the Kawasaki versus 1000 and 650 and found their seats OK. Indian's big cruiser bike have OK seats. I guess that's why there's aftermarket companies...
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Archived