Name this part

• Premium Member
Can someone tell me what the part is called circled in the picture below? It is directly above the number 6 in the diagram below and appears to be a cover of some sort. I'd like to know what it is called, and if I can replace it easily. Got a dent in it when I was moving stuff in my garage. I looked through the entire manual and couldn't find a name or reference to it at all.

Thanks in advance

Screen_Shot_2018-05-19_at_1.08.43_AM.png

Can someone tell me what the part is called circled in the picture below? It is directly above the number 6 in the diagram below and appears to be a cover of some sort. I'd like to know what it is called, and if I can replace it easily. Got a dent in it when I was moving stuff in my garage. I looked through the entire manual and couldn't find a name or reference to it at all. 
Thanks in advance

Screen_Shot_2018-05-19_at_1.08.43_AM.png

oil pump cover- has the CP3 on it?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Per BikeBandit

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2016-yamaha-fj-09-fj09gb-crankcase-cover-1/o/m157935sch952691

Oil pump cover over and it’s 40ish Bucks.   If it’s dented I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not cracked.  I had a minor oppsy on my significant others FZ-07 and one of the case covers had a slight dent that was a crack and leaked oil.  She was very understanding since I purchased and installed the T-Rex case covers for both our bikes to minimize future oopsy damage.  The covers covered the cracked/dented engine case so I just patched the crack with JB weld from the inside after degreasing.  Hasn’t been an issue since. She also got one new body panel and a foot peg out of the deal...

• Premium Member
Per BikeBandit 
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2016-yamaha-fj-09-fj09gb-crankcase-cover-1/o/m157935sch952691

Oil pump cover over and it’s 40ish Bucks.   If it’s dented I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not cracked.  I had a minor oppsy on my significant others FZ-07 and one of the case covers had a slight dent that was a crack and leaked oil.  She was very understanding since I purchased and installed the T-Rex case covers for both our bikes to minimize future oopsy damage.  The covers covered the cracked/dented engine case so I just patched the crack with JB weld from the inside after degreasing.  Hasn’t been an issue since. She also got one new body panel and a foot peg out of the deal...

Thanks, do I have to drain the oil to replace? (hoping the oil level at rest falls below the cover and I can just unscrew the cover and replace the gasket and put the new cover on)

• Premium Member
You shouldn't need to drain the oil. The oil level sits halfway up the site glass and this is above the site glass.
Thanks! 

• Premium Member
Oil cover and gasket came today, took about 10 minutes to install. The screws all came out easy, and the old gasket didn't get stuck to the engine. I took some extra time to clean the remnants of the old gasket off, and then put the new gasket on and re-attached the cover. I did get a few drops of oil when I took the cover off, but I had a piece of newspaper under the bike, which kept the garage floor dry.

Bike looks like new again, thanks all for your advice!

• Premium Member
Glad it was a strait forward repair. Did the dented case look cracked from the inside?
No, it just had a dent on the outside, but the cost was minimal, and the peace of mind is priceless!

Archived