• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Shorties for a 2017 FJ-09

When I first got the bike in Feb of '17, I tried to switch the levers to shorties found on ebay. From China, of course, advertised as fitting the '15-'17 bikes.
Of course, they didn't fit, the brass bushing insert bore was too large for the shoulder screw on the 17, so they were loose. They were only 22 bucks so they went into the black hole of my garage. I doubt I could even send them back for that much.

Has anyone found a (cheap) set for the 2017 specifically? I don't know if they're actually different from the earlier ones, but of course it does have the slipper clutch and a change or two up at the lever end also. A link would be awesome.

rain

• Supporting Member

While Pazzo Levers certainly aren't cheap, their quality is second to none.  They will always fit correctly, period.
95% of the cheap ebay levers are direct rip-offs of the Pazzo lever. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

While Pazzo Levers certainly aren't cheap, their quality is second to none.  They will always fit correctly, period.

Nice confirmation to hear. My Pazzo levers are supposed to arrive tomorrow, and I’m really looking forward to the upgrade.

• Supporting Member

Nice confirmation to hear. My Pazzo levers are supposed to arrive tomorrow, and I’m really looking forward to the upgrade.

I think you will LOVE them, I had them on my last bike, have them on this bike and will install them on whatever I buy in the future.

I think you will LOVE them, I had them on my last bike, have them on this bike and will install them on whatever I buy in the future.

I bought a used set off another member on here and love them! They are really fantastic!!

To answer some of your questions, No there is no difference in '16 v '17 levers with the slipper clutch, that's all internal changes. I wouldn't say you were hijacked, just that the recommendation that betoney gave is a really good one, and to be fair he included a link  :P

• Supporting Member
I've been hijacked!
Detoured, maybe? My apologies. Hijacked has such a negative tone to it... :)

I will say that the Pazzos I just received are really nice. At $150 for the set, they get disqualified from the ‘cheap’ part of the program, but to me it seems fair for what you get.

I have no experience with the MZS levers @betoney linked above, but that looks like a more economical option.

Good luck, and let us know if you find something you’re satisfied with for your FJ.

• Supporting Member

Here is a cheaper alternative for you.  MZS Shorty Levers

Well I was just scrolling around this morning and you made me spend money haha!
At this price why not give it a shot, I need to upgrade my clutch cable so why not replace levers at the same time!

Glad to help you spend money.  If you have never used adjustable levers before, you are in for a treat.  Its like 90 degree valve stems, once you use them, you will never own a bike without them.

After thinking way too long about what color combo to go with I settled on black levers and silver adjusters. Thanks for the link!
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Supporting Member
After thinking way too long about what color combo to go with I settled on black levers and silver adjusters. Thanks for the link!
Good call... you won’t be disappointed. The black levers look great with all the other black surfaces around the cockpit. I went with red adjusters on my red bike, and like the little bit of color. For any other color bike, I would have gone silver or gold for the adjusters.

Archived