Question for commuters

I am looking at a new job about an hour from home, which should give me more time on the bike.  Weather changes frequently in Wisconsin, and to add some extra weeks in spring/fall I would like to get some over pants.  My profession requires dress pants, shirt/tie stuff so I would like to be able to just slip something on over them.  Waterproof and a removable liner would be optimum.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for your time

• Premium Member
Hello Aerostich one-piece suits http://www.aerostich.com/suits/one-piece-suits. If you make the pilgrimage to Duluth you can see and try on everything and get a perfect fit. They may still discount 10% for in store purchases.

Legendary quality, great for your needs.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

+1 on one piece Stich as an oversuit. And, there's a healthy used market for them. Found mine used on ebay, sent it to Stich for inspection, alteration, cleaning, armor upgrades etc and still came in at a third of the price of a new Roadcrafter.

I have a pair of Tour Master Overpants in size Large I can sell you if interested..

I bought a Medium (tall) to replace the Large. If your interested I'm thinking around $85 shipped. I have pictures of my actual pants too. Link just because it was faster.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-overpants?kclid=58e9b89c-3a91-4586-af0e-d5f8a1731205&gclid=Cj0KCQjw37fZBRD3ARIsAJihSr2lvgoeygkLK6zavR3p7GNMlRx_RaCykJrDF1WGNiyUtzMzOZpBDuwaAt1fEALw_wcB

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I did exactly that in southern Wisconsin - commuted 100 miles round trip via motorcycle everyday and put 15,000 miles a year on the bike. I have an Aerostich Roadcrafter Classic that I love and honestly don't ride without it anymore. With the suit, electric jacket, and heated grips I was riding my bike whenever the road wasn't freezing with precipitation. I also used the Aerostich Combat Light boots, and it took about 30 seconds to get dressed or undressed to ride. I find the suit comfortable up to about 90 degrees as long as you are moving - its well vented. If you sit a lot in stalled traffic it will be death in those temps. One day it was 102, and I elected to pack it in a saddlebag for the ride home - I felt naked.

They are pricey new, but well worth it, in my opinion. I found a used one years ago that had been lightly crashed for $150 that got me into Aerostich, and honesty, if I hadn't found one that cheap I never would have bought one. I finally wore it out after 10 years and last summer I rode up to Duluth to get custom fitted for a new suit that ran me about $1,200 with the custom alterations. Worth every penny. They do give a 10% discount for in-store purchases on suits, and if you're looking to buy new I recommend going to the store to get fitted if possible. Last week I found a like-new condition, used suit that fit my girlfriend on the local Craigslist for $250. They are out there, but it may take awhile for a used one to show up that fits.

Like their advertisement states - you will ride more often with the Aerostich. I can't say enough good things about them.

I have the same problem with dress code, but prefer to wear proper armoured/waterproof trousers for the commute, with smart shirt under my bike jacket. I then carry my smart pants and office shoes in a Kriega US20 tail pack and it only takes minutes to change these when you arrive.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
I also sometimes use Kriega US-20 to transport slacks and dress shirt. I pack the garments in a smaller size Eagle Creek Pack-It Garment Sleeve to reduce wrinkles especially on the shirt.

https://www.ebags.com/product/eagle-creek/pack-it-garment-sleeve/271297

Available from other retailers.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

With the suit, electric jacket, and heated grips I was riding my bike whenever the road wasn't freezing with precipitation. I also used the Aerostich Combat Light boots, and it took about 30 seconds to get dressed or undressed to ride. I find the suit comfortable up to about 90 degrees as long as you are moving - its well vented. If you sit a lot in stalled traffic it will be death in those temps.
kmev is dead-on about temp range with riding conditions 
Got 'Stich'd last season at the beginning of a Superior loop ride and have been loving it ever since. Easy in/out, waterproof with lots of zippered vents, longevity that your grand kids might be wearing it....
Only draws back are the size, it's a lot of material. So, if you need store it in side bags go with the two-piece. My buddy does this on his BMW R1200R (oem side bags). It also receives a -3 sexiness rating, unless your preferred mate is into cosmonaut-mechanics. 

I scored a miss order/make off the rack for ~$800. It was hard to write that check but it's comparable to other quality all-weather riding gear that I was looking at (ie Klim) and these will last decades. They also have an annual garage sale where you can pick-up some great deals. I've had three friends pick-up full suits for sub $500 at their garage sale. 

I have a pair of Tour Master Overpants in size Large I can sell you if interested..  
I bought a Medium (tall) to replace the Large. If your interested I'm thinking around $85 shipped. I have pictures of my actual pants too. Link just because it was faster.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-overpants?kclid=58e9b89c-3a91-4586-af0e-d5f8a1731205&gclid=Cj0KCQjw37fZBRD3ARIsAJihSr2lvgoeygkLK6zavR3p7GNMlRx_RaCykJrDF1WGNiyUtzMzOZpBDuwaAt1fEALw_wcB
Thanks for the replies.  Unfortunately, budget considerations won't allow a "Stich" at this time. It sounds like a great suit the way you are chatting it up. Let me get back to you on the Tour-master pants.  They are a definite maybe. 

Archived