Display Issue on 2015

I had something strange happen today.  First let me say that it was extremely hot today as it has been most of the week.  I rode the bike this morning to get bloodwork done.  It was parked in direct sunlight.  When I came out and started the bike the right side of my display had what appeared to be a burned circle in the middle of it.  I could still see the info displayed but it was overshadowed by this circle.  Luckily it disappeared after a few miles but it was distracting.  Anybody have any similar happenings?  I have 21,000+ miles on her.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Yes happens a lot and clears up once it cools off. I have never had much concern of long term damage, this has been talked about on the forum as well. Some think it’s from sun shining through the visor, I just think it gets hot. I’m in southern AZ where it gets very hot and it’s always cleared ip

I had something strange happen today.  First let me say that it was extremely hot today as it has been most of the week.  I rode the bike this morning to get bloodwork done.  It was parked in direct sunlight.  When I came out and started the bike the right side of my display had what appeared to be a burned circle in the middle of it.  I could still see the info displayed but it was overshadowed by this circle.  Luckily it disappeared after a few miles but it was distracting.  Anybody have any similar happenings?  I have 21,000+ miles on her.
There have been many posts on this topic over time, and many others complain about excessive glare that just about blinds the rider.   GLARE STOMPER has been recommended as a cheap and effective solution, but really even leaving a bit of cloth, or a glove if safe to do so, over the screen when parked will fix the problem. 
I made myself a screen/ hood along the lines of the GLARE STOMPER item that when fitted gave excellent shaded coverage for the screen both when riding and parked: I can post a link if any interest.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I saw a gentleman named Bryan Glenn on a website named Two Wheeled Obsession do something similar to his FJR.  As long as it corrects itself I'm not to concerned.  As mentioned it was extremely hot here this week so I just plan on keeping an eye on it.

Thanks for your reply. 
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
This is common when your bike is stationary and in the sun. I always wondered if there would be long term damage to the screen, but in Washington State, we don't have enough sun for this to be a problem.

One of the windshield manufacturers has a warning about the screen acting as a lense and concentrating the suns rays onto the display. I can’t remember which screen this is though. It might be worth simply trying to park with the back of the bike towards the sun to prevent any lensing effect.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
One of the windshield manufacturers has a warning about the screen acting as a lense and concentrating the suns rays onto the display. I can’t remember which screen this is though. It might be worth simply trying to park with the back of the bike towards the sun to prevent any lensing effect.
Ermax actually sends you a suction cup screen to put on your windscreen when parked to stop this....

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived