PR5 Drop-off?

• Premium Member
Question for those of who who've run Michelin PR5s on your bikes: did you notice a point in the wear trajectory when the traction dropped rather noticeably?

Asking as I've had mine since the Spring. They were super sticky when first spooned on and stayed that way until just recently, when they seemed to drop several levels of traction overnight. There aren't any visible issues with either tire and pressure is the same as I've run since new (32,36). I do have 9,000km on them but they're nowhere near the wear bars and I'm pretty easy on tires (ie. I got 22,000km out of the previous set of Pirelli Angel GTs).

Thoughts?

• Supporting Member
@upshift - My experience is with the PR4s, so not sure how applicable it is to the PR5. That said, what’s impressed me most about the PR4s is how consistent they have stayed over the life of the tire. From new to less than 5% tread remaining it’s been very consistent... predictable grip, and still scrubs confidently all the way to the edge of the rear tread.

I have 6,800 miles on the pair, and they’re done... my plan is new PR5s later this week. I’ll be interested to see if you get any other feedback.

-Scott

Archived