New Tracer GT

quoman

I would imagine it would be the same for the original FJ @quoman. Have a search for setting sag and preload on the forum.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
Has anyone done a basic suspension set up on the new tracer, it feels quite soft 
 I talked to the suspension guy that does my track day bikes and street bikes.  He said to wait for 1500-2000mi before doing the sag and setting the preload to let the suspension break-in, that way you don't have to do it twice. He is very familiar with the 900 Yamaha's He has a lot of customers that use them for track days. Time to get mine in!

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
Has anyone done a basic suspension set up on the new tracer, it feels quite soft

An important first step in your suspension setup is correct spring rate for your weight.

In my experience with the original '15 FJ, the forks actually weren't too bad but the shock needed some help. 

I haven't ridden the new Tracer/GT and dont know if they have actually improved the spring rates or internal valving.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Lovely thanks guys it has 2 adjustments on the front and a pre load adjuster and a screw on the rear. can any of you tell me which is which and what they do?
Ive had a play with the rear which seems a lot better but not dure what to do with the front
Im 19.5. fat bstard stone!

Archived